2015 DC5S Aftermarket ECU Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2015 DC5S Aftermarket ECU Options

********Moderators - Please move thread if more suited to Noob section, thanks!

From what I have researched, this are less ECU Tuning options for 05-06 TypeS compared with 01-04 TypeR. I have a 05 TypeS with I/H/E and would like to make the most of it with a tune whilst keeping it as cost-effective as possible. Would like to know people's thoughts and experiences with the below:

1) Hondata K-Pro
    • Requires 03 O2 Sensor and 05-06 Conversion Harness
    • Must use V3 as newest 2014 V4 is non-compatible
    • Downside is it would be less cost-effective to tune a 05-06 Type S with K-Pro due to additional hardware requirements?

2) K-Tuner
    • Piggyback flash onto existing ECU
    • Can come loaded with a choice of base maps

3) Haltech
    • Basically plug and play?

Key Questions:
    • Am I missing any other mainstream 05-06 TypeS ECU options? I've searched this forum but want to make sure I haven't missed anything
    • How reliable is K-Tuner? From what I've heard, it can be a bit hit and miss...
    • With K-Tuner, can I opt for the flash to be loaded onto a separate factory ECU in order to retain original ECU for re-sale purposes?

At this point, I'm leaning towards the K-Tuner just because it doesn't seem cost effective to have to modify hardware just for a K-Pro suit a TypeS. But K-Tuner seems to be a newer product so struggling to find Australian testimonials for them atm.

Appreciate the help!
    Last edited by mclor01; 24-10-15, 09:09 PM.

I currently have the K-Tuner system, tuned by Adrian at SAS. When I bought my K-Tuner i chose the option to get a socketed ECU (think it was an extra $200-300?) as well so I can change to stock whenever I wish to sell it. Had it for 2years now without a problem.

Comment

I'd personally get the Haltech, it is a plug and play system and seems like a lot of shops are familiar with the Haltech system these days.

You should also speak with who ever is doing your tune and ask them what kind of ECU they're more comfortable tuning with as they might not know much about the K-tuner.

I've actually never heard of the K-tuner, can't really give any insight on that one.
      Last edited by eskimo_firefighter; 25-10-15, 08:30 AM.
      1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
      X