Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing rear toe adjustability

Hey guys,

I had my coilovers fitted the other day, the mechanic who fitted them had an issue with alignment. Once the car was lowered he had trouble getting the correct toe angle. He got the toe as close as possible to 0 by adjusting camber angle etc. For the desired alignment he told me to acquire "front and rear toe arms". Right now the toe is slightly in. The car was dropped about 1.5" (38mm).

Of course in the front of the DC5 I will just need to get some aftermarket tie rods to allow further toe adjustment for the front wheels, however he keeps saying I'll need toe arms for the rear as well. I can see however in the workshop manual that the DC5 uses an adjusting bolt to configure toe angle in the rear.

Is there anything available to increase rear toe adjustability? Because I can't find anything online. Or has my mechanic simply confused something here, in thinking that rear to arms are available for this car when they're not?

There is no rear aftermarket toe arms for the DC5 I am pretty sure, they only have aftermarket rear upper control arms for camber adjustment.

There should be heaps of adjustment with the toe as is. Weird.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Yeah I think it's weird to. He sees tons of cars In his workshop and normally works 12+ hours a day so maybe he's getting confused. Otherwise I can just get an alignment done somewhere else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Seems like it is your best bet to go to another wheel alignment guy. Good luck!

Comment

yea thats right. my cars on coil overs and lowered. has -1.5 camber on the back wheels and 0 toe. my alignment guy uses what you showed in the manual up there to adjust toe.

Comment

Yep, confirming what the guys above have said, there's no aftermarket toe adjustment parts for the rear of the DC5 as it's not possible without replacing the whole trailing arm. Never heard of anyone being unable to get correct toe values using the OEM provided adjustment.

Comment

Ok cheers guys, I'll be able to sort it all out now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Would this be the same case for the EP3's as well?
                Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                  Would this be the same case for the EP3's as well?
                  Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo_firefighter View Post
                    Yep!
                    Thought so!

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Working...
                    X