Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDM ITR K20 Engine Rebuild

hey guys,

i did rebuild the engine with one oversized bearing .010mm and used standard acl race bearings along with .025 thrust washers.

the engine ran great for 3000km i pulled really hard. but now i can hear a very faint rattling noise again.

i also changed the oil pump and used a k20a3 one that was on my previous motor which is same as the k20a1 one.

but i dont understand why this happened again? WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE SURE IT WONT HAPPEN AGAIN.

I FOUND a machined crank with .025 bearing on ebay. i am planing to purchase it since standard cranks cant be found that easily.

is that a good idea?
    should i buy other stuff like con rods and oversized pistons just to make this build last? last time when the engine was opened all the rods and pistons were fine.

badly need your suggestions.

when you clearanced the bearings what measurements did you get?

why did you only use one OS bearing?
    ... retired/

Comment

only one bearing had a scratch on it the rest were all fine so my mechanic used only one oversized one. i am not sure about the measurements

Comment

do you guys know if there are any yards or parts seller where i can get an oem sized used crank?

Comment

with that sort of info, i would not be buying a crank, id be getting a whole long block!
          ... retired/

Comment

Working...
          X