Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAD Handling DC2 Integra Type R

Hey guys,

I have an issue with my dc2, i have tein monosport coilovers, and a 24mm front whiteline swaybar, but my car handles like absolute shit compared to when it was running the standard springs and swaybar, I was just wondering, what else do i need to do to get the integra running as good it was originally.. :\

Cheers

Were the coilovers brand new?

How much lower is the car?

Have a side shot of your car?
    ClubITR | Like

Comment

Do you have a rear sway bar? Try putting a 24mm sway bar on the rear instead and see what happens. Use a standard DC2R sway bar for the front? For example my DC2 VTi-R is running a 24mm rear sway bar and a standard front sway bar and it handles really well on king springs.

Comment

Have you gotten an alignment yet?

And what tyres are you running?
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          Were the coilovers brand new?

How much lower is the car?

Have a side shot of your car?

Coils were brand new

The car isn't too much lower, just enough to fill in the guards...

I'll take a photo and send it as soon as i get home from work.

Comment

Bridgestone RE002's

I've had one done about 6 months ago, car seems to be perfectly fine, but i haven't had an alignment done after i got the coils or sway bar put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Walker View Post
              Do you have a rear sway bar? Try putting a 24mm sway bar on the rear instead and see what happens. Use a standard DC2R sway bar for the front? For example my DC2 VTi-R is running a 24mm rear sway bar and a standard front sway bar and it handles really well on king springs.
              A friend actually told me that doing the front sway bar before the back is going to throw out my handling, he said alot of people he has spoken to told him that they don't run a front sway bar and swear by it... I was just mind boggled how badly my car handled around corners, i've lost the spirited driving feel i used to have with it. the back end always wants to kick out. Over steer for days with the front sway bar change.. I don't want to swap out my shiny whiteline front swaybar for the OEM type R one since it was an absolute pain to get on... I just want to know what else can i upgrade so the car feels more balanced.

Cheers for the help so far though.

Comment

Originally posted by teggzy View Post
                Bridgestone RE002's

I've had one done about 6 months ago, car seems to be perfectly fine, but i haven't had an alignment done after i got the coils or sway bar put on.
                There's your problem right there, you need an alignment after installing coilovers on as installing aftermarket shocks/coilovers throws off toe angles drastically which is probably the main reason why your car isn't handling very well.

Get a proper wheel alignment and the car should drive much better.

Comment

^ What Peter said.
                  ClubITR | Like

Comment

Haha, thanks heaps guys.. i was just going to wait until i had all my bushes and lcas swapped over. Thx for the mythbusting guys .. trying to upload a pic via tapatalk but i doesn't seem to be working.

Comment

uploadfromtaptalk1444897137980.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice car! The paint on that still looks great especially for a Milano Red.

Comment

Thanks Eskimo_firefighter,

It's been my pride and joy for the last 2 years and its never let me down haha. Got it with 90,560 on the clock from SA absolutely bone srock and drove it down to sydney, it has had a respray around 2011, and the service history was always 5000 or under. I might just keep this gem haha.

If i can find the pictures of when i first bought it, ill be sure to upload them later tonight.

Comment

BAD Handling DC2 Integra Type R

Looks good, also looks a decent amount lower than stock from that pic.

Definitely get an alignment, go somewhere reputable though not a regular tyre shop, all "normal" tyre places I've had alignments at were useless. I would bring the specs that you want in and make sure they actually set it up properly.

Do you have adjustable camber? May need to be corrected after lowering.

Also, I thought the stock dc2 front anti roll bar was 24mm so the white line one would not change handling at all.

Dc2 stock Arb front =24mm rear=22mm (except later Jdm models which had 23mm rear Arb).

What spring rates did you get on the teins? This is going to change the balance depending on front to rear ratio.
                            Last edited by RC_dc2; 15-10-15, 06:59 PM.

Comment

16kg front

9kg rear

They are the tein monosport ones for the dc2r... when i took my old sway bar off the whiteline one definately looked alot thicker and weighed quite abit more aswell.

Comment

Working...
                              X