X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS problem

Hi,
    So I have a problem with my EP3.

For a long time my ABS light has been on and when I went to scan it, it said the front right abs wheel speed sensor needed to be replaced.
    I replaced it with a sensor from another EP3, but unforntunately the guy gave me the front left instead of front right, but I was told that it doesnt matter, so I chucked it in anyways and zip tied it as the brackets are made for the opposite side.
    I then cleaned the abs sensors and abs tone ring for both sides.
    Now, the abs light comes on and off periodically. When it's off, the ABS kicks in when I brake to come to a stop. It usually kicks in when I get to under 20km/h. When the ABS light is on, this doesn't happen (so I'm guessing when the abs light is on, the abs system is off).

I don't know what to do now. I've gotten a mechanic to look at it and he doesnt know either. He checked the resistance of the sensor and it seems okay I think. But if anyone knows the right resistance reading please tell me! And if I were to replace the sensor again, will it need to be from an EP3 or can I get it from a different car, for example, the 4 door EU civic.

And please, I've gotten the code scanned and cleared multiple times. In which the light will come back to haunt me.

Any input/advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

I would say your best bet is to just try source an EP3 ABS sensor for the correct side and see how you go on from there. I believe you need quite a tight flush fit for the ABS sensor to work properly, so an ABS sensor that is cabled tied on probably isn't good enough.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

Working...
    X