95 Integra VTi-R Not Starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 Integra VTi-R Not Starting

I have a 1995 Integra DC2 VTi-R. B18C2 motor. It cranks but won't fire. I have no spark. I have fuel. I have enough battery power. I have replaced ignition coil. Distributor is fine. I have checked and tested all the fuses and they are fine. I'm thinking it is the main relay. I have checked the solders on the relay and re-soldered them, still won't start. I don't think I'm getting power to or from the relay. Does anyone have any other suggestions that I can do to determine why it's not firing?

Thanks!

you might probably consider replacing the 'igniter' AKA the ICM ("ignition control module") inside the distributor as well...

i think i have one, but i am in sydney - maybe a SA member could loan you theirs to see if it is the problem?
    ... retired/

Comment

Thanks.
      If I'm not getting power to the distributor though, would it still be the ICM?

Comment

you said you had no spark, not that you had no power at the dizzy

how do you know know power to the dizzy?

what OBD codes have you seen?
        ... retired/

Comment

Well I checked the wiring around it and there doesn't seem to be any power getting to the dizzy. But, when I pulled it apart and checked the ignition coil etc there is power there so I'm not sure
          No OBD codes

Comment

when exactly did the problem start?

(no, don't say 9:04pm Tuesday... say something like "after i did xxxx then i noticed yyyy happen, then it wouldn't start.")
            ... retired/

Comment

Car hasn't been properly driven for roughly 7 weeks. Has been in and out of the shed/up and down the driveway etc. Been running fine. Put a water temperature gauge in it last week, did all the wiring for that, re-soldered and heat shrinked the wiring. After that car wouldn't start (cranks but not firing). Took out the gauge, still the same, no spark.

Comment

I reckon I may have solved the issue now. Checked to see whether I was getting voltage to my fuel pump and I was so that was good. Wiring diagrams basically sent me back to the main relay. Pulling it out and starting the car didn't change how the car was cranking. Tested it and it seemed like the resistance was too high. Going to replace that and go from there.

Comment

i recommend having the battery on trickle charge....
                  ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                  X