DC5 Number Plate Relocate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Number Plate Relocate

Hi guys, wondering if any of you have had your number plate relocated to the sides (either passenger or driver side). Really want to do it to mine but not sure how to go about it and not keen on drilling unnecessary holes into the bumper. I'm aware of the Beatrush Laille kit but not going to spend $130 for a bit of metal.

Also have you had any problems with your offset number plate from cops? Would I still get defected if the number plate met the angle viewing requirements? Thanks very much.

I had the Beatrush by Laille relocator and never had any issues with it regarding the cops. At the end of the day it's at the discretion of the individual cop/s and if he wants to defect you for that or not.

If you don't want to spend $130 for a bit of metal you may as well make the bracket yourself out of a bit of metal!
    Shak's S2000

Comment

I just used the holes for the stock plastic holder. And had no issues with cops over 4.5 years.

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Bought a 5mm metal bar from bunnings. Put in vice, drill holes around 6mm from memory?? Idk..maybe bigger. Smash to desired angle. Bolt one end onto the stock holder, other onto the plate. Sits in the gap on the bar. Would attach pic but on wrong laptop XD

Will also just add that in Vic it requires the plate to be seen from a 45 degree angle on either side when you look at it but unless it looks reaaaaaly far back.. I think you'll be fine.
        FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Mothius can you attach a pic when you're on the right laptop? hehe. Thanks for the input guys.

Comment

Sorry bro been away for work.
            FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Working...
            X