Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radiator Fan Issues DC5 Type S

Car

DC5 Type S with Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Fan Shroud, Js Racing Thermostat + Js Racing Fan switch.

Issue
    A couple of nights ago I noticed that my car was experiencing loud vibration noises when radiator fan comes on when both cooling the engine and with the A/C on.

This seemingly started to occur after I drove over a sunken manhole in the road which jolted the car quite severely.

I have removed the front bumper to assess for any damage but everything appears in order and the radiator is still on its rubber supports. I turned the ignition on and the A/C and noticed the fans appear to be working quite hard causing vibration and excessive noise.

1. Without quite going to the level of removing the radiator, I was wondering if it is possible that the fan switch or thermostat can be faulty in a way that they cause the fans to be on "full speed" but the fan still is able to switch off?

2. If not then my only other thought is that the fan is off balance.... any thoughts?
    My Dc5s thread

fans are on or off, there is no not full speed.

your going to have to fix whatever you broke when you hit the thing.
    ... retired/

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to how the radiator fans function in the DC5. I guess its time to pull it apart and take a look at the fans
      My Dc5s thread

Comment

It's not too bad of a job taking the radiator/fans off/out. Fans easier. Once the rad-support is out its simple Great DIY to do as it's not too hard!
        FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Working...
        X