Creaking noise after installing Gruppe M intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creaking noise after installing Gruppe M intake

After installing my Gruppe M intake i immediately noticed a creaking noise when i take off from a stopped position.
    I have done some research and nothing seems to link the install of my gruppe M to this noise.

Is it possible i caused a disturbance whilst installing, such as to the steering rack, or is there something specifically related to the intake that could be causing this.

Thanks
    Lee

Gruppem intake isn't the best design fitment wise. Put foam around the strut bar and the cowl where the intake sits.
    Should

I hope you bought an aftermarket intake tube because the stock one will crack

Comment

Yeah foam is a good idea, get the tube foam from bunnings. Also put like some tape with foam padded to the bonnet so it doesn't keep hitting it. You may also notice it hissing from cold starts but that's normal

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Hmm
        Had a drive before and heard an ever so slight whine when I turned the wheel and accelerated, and it seems too loud to be related to the intake.
        either way I'll get some foam to secure it better and see how it goes.

I was unaware the stock hose would crack, thanks for that, gone through so many forums researching it and that never came up. I'm assuming the sfs tube for the type r would fit the type s.

Comment

I replaced the tube as well. Although I seriously doubt it would crack. Will be same for type R.

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

!!!
            I forgot I jacked the car up to remove the front bumper
            It's probably a bushing on my suspension.
            startling realization haha.
            got some good info though
            I'll be sure to secure the intake better and I've ordered an aftermarket hose.
            thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X