Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Question, Air Pump resistor, AE86 F20C build

Good evening lads,

Just finishing the wiring harness, have just spliced my S2000 dash harness into my 86 loom and removed all the junk.

I have just been reading up about the ECU needing an air pump resistance reading, I see the USDM cars have delete kits etc. I am not running an air pump, being that I brought and engine and box for the conversion, not knowing about this sorcery until I stumbled across it on the intake manifold.

Basically I am just wanting to know from someone in the know, that has done this before, if putting a 20W 12 ohm resistor between wire 31 on the 32 pin dash plug, and earth, is required?

The last thing I want is to start this thing and it throw a fault code and go in to limp mode.. I do not have an OBD2 plug on the loom to clear it..

From what I have read from researched forums, you need to put this size resistor in, however I am just checking this is the correct wire, and that this how it should be installed. I am unsure if it should be between the 31 wire and earth, or a 12V feed (but I think from the pin-out it should be a resistance to earth). The part of the loom with the pump on it was not with the engine.

Attached is the pin-out I am referring to.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me here.

Pics of the build to come.

Steve

41p.jpg

I guess I am out of luck..
    Does anyone know what the go is with the Ziptied website?
    There is a lad on there that has done it, but the site does not accept registrations..

Is anyone here a registered member that could PM a lad on there for me?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Comment

Working...
    X