STI Lip on DC5Rs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STI Lip on DC5Rs

Hey guys been looking into picking up a STI lip for the DC5. I'm stuck in between two types of lips, the 06/07 model and the 03-05 model.
    I remember reading somewhere that the 03-05 fits quite well with minor fabrications but does that mean I should rule out the 06/07 model lips? Any thoughts?

03-05:

06/07:

Cheers

You're buying a lip which isn't made for the DC5 so some modification will be needed regardless

I purchased mine from eBay and the seller claimed it was an 05-06 STI lip. All you need to do is cut off the mounting points that stick out on the top side of the lip, and trim the excess on both ends when you're done securing it to the bumper.

Also just a tip when installing - start from the middle and work your way out
    Shak's S2000

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeel View Post
      You're buying a lip which isn't made for the DC5 so some modification will be needed regardless

I purchased mine from eBay and the seller claimed it was an 05-06 STI lip. All you need to do is cut off the mounting points that stick out on the top side of the lip, and trim the excess on both ends when you're done securing it to the bumper.

Also just a tip when installing - start from the middle and work your way out
      Awesome information! Thanks Shakeel, I'll let you know how it goes .

Comment

Keep in mind if it does catch on a driveway and break off (like mine) it may damage the mounting points on your actual bumper. Luckily I got a new bumper.

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Working...
        X