DC2R Spoon ECU fake or real???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Spoon ECU fake or real???

guys...how do u know if its a genuine Spoon ecu or fake without opening it?

another thing...my friend in hk is looking around for a spoon ecu( i know there are lots of chipped ones in hk)...and he saw a few saying Spoon ecu spec2...i told him there isn't..and he said those ecu have vtec engaged between 4800-9500..i recently tested one in aust...its 5100-9000...even in spoon website its 5100-9000...so...any ways to find out?

FYI: http://car8.com/2partdetails.php?id=73250
    Last edited by RDC-2™; 26-02-07, 02:59 AM.

You can't tell ... If the factory Spoon stickers are gone. Well, nobody will pull em out anyway and it's not like it'd peel off.

If you have to open it, more than likely it has been opened to be "chipped/reflashed" to match.

Aftermarket JDM ECUs with no factory stickers itself are worth next to nothing. Even if it was genuine, the minute you open it up, you'd have probably did some ESD damage by mistake. And I still can't comprehend why it'd need to be opened up.

There's nothing to see inside that you don't already know how a typical motherboard on a PC looks like.

Comment

so how about the vtec engagement point thing? one say 5100-9000 the other say 4800-9500

Comment

VTEC engagement point varies from the majority of tuners who have replacement ECUs, in my experience there isn't one that is identical unless it's a clear rebadged product. All of their tuned maps are designed for their specific engine output requirements and also up to what type of race to circuit conditions.

So, that could possibly be a Mine's reflash or J's Racing in typical example. However, one wouldn't know other than the person who actually did the reflash. 9500 fuel cut is very aggressive and will see little benefits without a proper blueprinted engine to match the higher switchover. I wouldn't touch it with a stock engine.

Comment

i mean i m not going to rev it up to 9500 anyway.....i m sure i'll try my best not to...but its just weird y so many ppl and even on some sites they say 4800-9500...yet others.or even spoon site says 5100-9000

Comment

SPOON ECU is full of Glue... You can't miss it if you look inside.
            TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
            TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
            Official Australian Distributors
            Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

what do you mean its full of glue?

Comment

Originally posted by Zilli View Post
                what do you mean its full of glue?
                SPOON DC2-R ECU looks like this inside...
                TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                Official Australian Distributors
                Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

i think i'll give the ecu a pass..after testing it out..its not that gd comparing to stock..i mean...tiny little bit more on back push during vtec....thats it....and an earlier engagment point..miteas well get a vafc

Comment

Working...
                  X