Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 BC N+ Coilovers Rear Camber Setup & WA Vehicle Mods Legal Questions

Hi to all ITR members,

Just signed up and I am from from WA. Have yet to formally make an introduction of myself and car (will do once the car is ready).

I am in process of getting my DC5R to road legal status as she is brought it with a few existing mods.

One of the things I have done is reducing the exhaust noise as much as possible with adding muffler to the system. Imagine BC Spec 3 without a muffler; i like it but neighbours don't. I am still looking for a silencer, if anyone got one for sale, pls PM me !

Ok, my questions as followed;

1) Legal Car height Unladen ( No passenger) confirming front bumper to ground 100mm and rear exhaust
    to ground 150mm?

2) Is the BC N+ coilovers comes with rear camber adjustment?

3) Is a replica mugen spoiler (Full Carbon; all 5 piece) road legal? Width is no wider than car and height not more than half view of rear window.

4) Below aftermarket headlight with angle eyes and projector w/ fish eyes? with lights. Legal?

Just this four questions for now, i have alot to ask and learn but for now, my goal is to drive safe & legal.

DOMO ARIGATOU !

Hi Autobach!

To answer question 2, you will need adjustable rear camber arms to adjust rear camber. I haven't seen any coilovers for our cars that are rear camber adjustable. Hardrace make a rear camber kit that is popular with DC5 owners

Comment

Thanks Beatz !

Adjustable RCA is definitely on my list. What i have read is the front BC N+ coilovers are camber adjustable (not aggressive though) but i wasn't sure about the rear. Reason i asked question 2 is because my rears are cambered ( starting to suspect that it has adjustable RCA) . Current rear height is too low + camber and BC N+ coilovers requires me to remove the rear set to adjust height. The bushings might be gone ! but again thanks for responding !

Comment

1) Ground clearance minimum is 100mm, as per the WA Road Traffic (Vehicle Standards) Rules 2002 section 67. The Australian Design Rules require these measurements to be done with the car fully laden (full passengers, full fluids and an amount of luggage per person) but the WA regulations are not that specific.

2) No the BC coilovers have no camber adjustment at the rear, there is no way to adjust camber using a replacement shock/spring/coilover at the rear of the DC5, camber is defined by the control arms.

3)Depends on the interpretation of WA transport, or the cop that pulls you up. Basically the road rules say you can't have any dangerous protrusions, but what is considered dangerous is not clearly stated.

4) Any light that hasn't been tested to meet the relevant Australian design rules is illegal, so unless the manufacturer provides evidence that they have done this (or tested to the equivalent ECE regulation) those lights are not legal for road use in any state of Australia.

Comment

Thanks ChargeR

I will need to get the rear sorted. If its not rca installed already then my bushes or something else is damaged. I might also go spoilerless as well and try to get a pair oem headlights to avoid any problem. Does jdm headlights with hid accpetable and counts as oem?

I really love the mugen spoiler though it replica. : (

Happy Easter everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Autobach View Post
            Thanks ChargeR

I will need to get the rear sorted. If its not rca installed already then my bushes or something else is damaged. I might also go spoilerless as well and try to get a pair oem headlights to avoid any problem. Does jdm headlights with hid accpetable and counts as oem?

I really love the mugen spoiler though it replica. : (

Happy Easter everyone!
            The camber at the rear is probably just from the lowered ride height, a typical lowered DC5 will end up with -1.5 to -3° depending on height.

Technically the JDM HID lights are not legal in Australia either, as headlights with HID light sources have to have washers and self levelling and meet a different standard to a normal halogen light. Personally though I wouldn't hesitate to use the JDM HID lights, as they work very well for a reflector housing.

Comment

Thanks again ChargeR !

Never came across my mind that the agressive lowering is causing the camber. I will confirm this next week as all shops are closed for easter. The bc n+ rear height can only be adjusted with the coils out of the strut unlike the front setup. Apart from this, the bc n+ coilovers are fantastic. I believe they will perform well in track as they did in the street. I have tried dc5 in tein mono but would like to try tein cm or bilstein.

ChargeR, by any chance if you know the aircon compressor on the k20a2 is same as any audm delivered honda? Mine's leaking and need replacing. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Nice to see another WA member on the forums, extra nice to see another WA DC5!

I've been driving my DC5 for about a year on my red and green Ps with a race header (no cat) and full exhaust and never got any attention from da boiz in blu (think it really depends on how you drive, I reckon cops here in perth usually pick on the nissans/v8s). Nevertheless, it's good you're making sure everything is legal so you can't get done!

btw, if you're still worried about the spoiler I know someone who will gladly take it off your hands hehehe (me)

Comment

Hi KVZT,

Sorry for the late response to you as i was overseas last couple weeks.

Just a quick update, i have replaced the mid muffler to a larger one and it has definitely quieter but still maintaining a nice sound for the BC system.

Read your intro post and nice ride with RPF1 ! Is your car lowered? Abit more drop will be nice. Also, can i ask you how is your fitment of the mugen rear lip ? I know the mugen lip need to be DIY to fit AUDM bumper.

If i am selling my spoiler you will be the first to know Arigato!

Comment

Originally posted by Autobach View Post
                    Hi KVZT,

Sorry for the late response to you as i was overseas last couple weeks.

Read your intro post and nice ride with RPF1 ! Is your car lowered? Abit more drop will be nice. Also, can i ask you how is your fitment of the mugen rear lip ? I know the mugen lip need to be DIY to fit AUDM bumper.

If i am selling my spoiler you will be the first to know Arigato!
                    All g bro!
                    I'm only on springs at the moment, will invest into a set of BC Racing coilovers in the near future
                    I should hopefully be getting the lips painted and fitted sometime in the next two weeks, but trial fitment of the lips fit magically (except for the numberplate area that needs to be cut to fit).
                    The rear lip came a bit warped though, needs a heat gun thrown at it and should be g

Comment

Working...
                    X