Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start? DC5R

Hey guys. Kurtis Here.

So I'd like to start building up my integra and whilst i do plan to go turbo and get that done, I don't have the cash that it'd require right now. In saying that, I am looking for some hp gains and i was hoping to get your thoughts on the matter. Correct me if i'm wrong, But instead of buying a whole turbo kit for example, One could buy the Pieces seperatley, and gain some hp from your cold air intake for example.

On the topic of Intakes, Wich one would you recommend? Im new to this and I don't really trust Ebay intakes.
    Also, Theres a local Muffler/exhaust shop near me who i've been in contact with saying they could do me a "custom Exhaust kit" Now, Wouldnt i be better off saving up for one from muggen and simply getting them to fit it? Although, the no-name kit would only cost me 400$ with installation.

Im at a crossroads. Help!

P.S. Please forgive my lack of knowledge on the matter, I'm trying to learn. :P

Gruppe M or Mugen for intakes. As for exhaust, it's really up to you, if you're going turbo, you'll probably change it down the road because you'll need a down pipe and probably 3 inches from turbo back.

But a 2.5" will do fine for now, custom or not, as long as it's stainless. Whether or not you run a cat or test pipe is up to you.

Comment

Order of importance IMHO
      1) Tires
      2) Tires
      3) Tires
      4) Coilovers/sways/camber arms/bolts
      5) Intake- Gruppe M
      6) Headers + catback + high flow cat
      7) Comfy things - nice headunit, comfy gear knob
      8) if your still bored - consider turbo/supercharger/kpro etc - but seeing a few bigger builds on here it seems the car becomes difficult to daily and people usually part out and sell at this stage because it's not really built for it.
      9) it's your car, do whatever makes you happy!
      Last edited by PG_DC5; 24-03-15, 06:56 PM.

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
        8) if your still bored - consider turbo/supercharger/kpro etc - but seeing a few bigger builds on here it seems the car becomes difficult to daily and people usually part out and sell at this stage because it's not really built for it.
        People are soft.

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
          Order of importance IMHO
          1) Tires
          2) Tires
          3) Tires
          4) Coilovers/sways/camber arms/bolts
          5) Intake- Gruppe M
          6) Headers + catback + high flow cat
          7) Comfy things - nice headunit, comfy gear knob
          9) it's your car, do whatever makes you happy!
          Hmm okay, I'm alright with tires for now so thats one thing off the list. I kinda consider interior stuff such as a comfy gear nob as a step back in terms of having the money for my engine, But its definitely on the list. My steering wheel/pedals are also faded/wearing out so ill be doing those too, along with setting up a new sterio sytem with a touch monitor and built in gps.. if its in my budget. Toyed with the idea of reverse sensors for those little details.

@paulieee_R
          Is there any real difference in hp gains as far as different brands of intakes go? Also keeping in mind reliability. I just want to make sure it's done right, Ya feel?

Comment

Most bang for buck intake is generally Injen, although some people don't get it cause they're afraid of hydrolock. Gruppe M is a popular choice and gives good gains but it costs twice as much as Injen. As for exhaust that's entirely up to you. Remember you don't have to get JDM name brand parts you're basically paying for the brand name. If I could do exhaust again I'd be happy with a custom exhaust.

If I could do it again I would do handling modifications first like coilovers, wheels and tyres

Comment

What are your plans for the car? Is it going to be a daily/weekender/track car?

Comment

Working...
              X