Strange noise.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange noise.

Hey guys I could use your help. After driving several kms i started hearing a screeching sound from the rear passenger side of the car. It sounds exactly like in this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yXFWUmi7FM . I first thought it was the brakes however i checked the pads and the thickness and it seems alright? Maybe I am just looking at them wrongly. The sound also doesn't necessarily happen when I press the brakes. It happens whenever it wants to.. I cant find a connection.. Sometimes i can control the sound using the brakes but sometimes the sound occurs even when im accelerating wth?! Could my pads still be scratching the disk even if i didnt push down the brakes?. Also about a couple of weeks ago I did lower the car on buddyclub n+ coilovers new. They do make clunking sounds and all that which i think is normal for coilovers but could my rear coilover be making that screeching sound like in that video? Just trying to make sure that they are my brake pads before i go out and spend the money to change them. SO my car makes that sound exactly like in the video however it happens randomly whether im pushing the brake down or not. Should i change my pads or check my coilovers?

Sounds like it could be a small rock thats stuck in between the pad and rotor. I'd take off the pad you believe thats causing the problem and inspect it.

Comment

I had a similar noise after driving through loose gravel and as butter said I had a rock stuck between the pad and rotor.

Comment

Working...
      X