Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5r: Fitting Apexi RSM

Hey all

well i got my hands on a BRAND NEW, NEVER used RSM for $100 (thanks bro )..... so i have had a look at the instruction manual, and it seems basic to fit... the instruction manual is actually REALLY good.

so i wanna give it a shot.... so i'm just wanting to get some feed back from all the DC5r owners that have a RSM on weather they fitted there own or get a pro to do it. And if you did it yourself... what are some things to look out for

thanks

Robi

no one?

Comment

just follow the manual, it shows you which wire connects to which on the ecu and it shows you exactly which harness and which pin on that harness

z10 says:
      i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
      z10 says:
      mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

as long as the jap spec ecu is the same as the aus spec, there shouldn't be any dramas

Comment

just be careful when you connect everything up and make sure that the cables are taped off properly once you splice into them and connect them together, otherwise.. BANG!

it's probably best to cut 1 cable at a time as u need it too (if you decide on cutting instead of stripping it back slightly), instead of chopping all of them at once, and even cutting them at different lengths so that when you want to reverse it/take it out it's a lot easier.
          T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

also when you strip/cut dont strip/cut too close to the harness, just makes it easier to reconnect in the future

z10 says:
            i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
            z10 says:
            mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

ok.. thanks for the hits and tips....

i have a headunit i need to get installed... so i'm thinking of getting a auto electrtion at a car sound place to do it all...

also where have people mounted there??? mine dosn't have a stand... and i want to mount it in the middle... but not ontop of the dash...

Comment

if you ever do get the stand the best and common place is where the cup holders are, if you put it far enough on the passenger side you still have room to hold a drink. Also you would need to mount it upside down (the stand)

Comment

Working...
                X