Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Cranks & Starts...Sometimes?

Hi all,

Thought I'd just seek a few extra opinions/thoughts on this problem I have.

My Dc5 is having a little bit of a spaz at the moment. The car will crank and start 20 times perfectly fine. After those 20 times however, there will be this one time where I turn the key, it turns over about twice..then stops turning. I stop turning the key, wait 2 seconds, turn it again. The car turns over once, so I Stop turning, wait 2 seconds, turn it again...Nothing..Doesn't turn over.
    I've found that if I wait about 30 seconds after it stops cranking, it will turn over perfectly again. I've also found that if I hold the key in the start position for about 10 seconds when it's having this problem, it will eventually start.
    I've got a few things in mind to check - main ones being grounds and starter motor.
    I think I can rule the battery off the list as I changed it 1 month ago. Will still check the leads to that and everything.
    Any ideas? Anyone heard of this before? Is it just a starter problem?
    Cheers
    FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Was your starter motor scratchy in the past?
    Check your grounds like you said. Do you have the cap on the positive battery terminal? Mine broke off some months ago and I had an intermittent issue where I'd lose all electrics after 2 cranks.

Comment

Working...
    X