DC5 base lowering issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 base lowering issues.

Hi, I'm planning on lowering my base dc5 on tein s tech springs on oem shocks. I've read that my oem shocks are guarantee to blow. I will be doing a wheel alignment but won't be getting any camber kits or bolts. I do care about my car and it's performance even tho it's a base I still love it. My question is will these springs on working or blown shocks cause any wear and tear on other suspension components. Will these springs really improve handling compared to stock? What are other peoples experiences with these springs? Will my tires wear out faster after a alignment? Thx for the help. I have searched but feel I need more opinions.

your probably better to just go coilvers...
    i reckon springs are low cost alternative for looks

im driving a base and auto too and im on coils with sways
    AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by 2003dc5 View Post
      Hi, I'm planning on lowering my base dc5 on tein s tech springs on oem shocks. I've read that my oem shocks are guarantee to blow. I will be doing a wheel alignment but won't be getting any camber kits or bolts. I do care about my car and it's performance even tho it's a base I still love it. My question is will these springs on working or blown shocks cause any wear and tear on other suspension components. Will these springs really improve handling compared to stock? What are other peoples experiences with these springs? Will my tires wear out faster after a alignment? Thx for the help. I have searched but feel I need more opinions.
      If I were you, I'll get Eibach Springs instead. They only lower the car about 1inch so it won't cause much stress on the stock shocks so they shouldn't give you any problems for a long time (not sure about the teins). I'm sure they will improve handling but not by much. Springs are mainly for looks if you just wanted to lower your car. If you want more performance then go for Coilovers. Depending on your negative camber, your tyres will wear out faster but getting a wheel alignment should improve it.

Comment

Thx for the info guys. I've had a look at buddyclub n+ coilovers as they are a reasonable price but i have heard coilovers aren't good for dd and the ride can be rough. Is it different depending on other peoples standards or is it really back breaking? I heard they weren't legal in sydney. The stock suspension on my car feels really nice already except it just sits to high off the ground, do lowered springs ride worse then stock just for good looks or do they outperform stock springs just a tad? I should say that i currently like the performance of the stock suspension but just want some low without ruining it.

Comment

Coilovers are not too bad for street, it depends on the spring rates. I'm currently using Tein Advace street coilovers for DD with 7kg front and 9kg rear. They're even softer than stock if you change it to soft settings, but I'm currently using it on 75% hardness and it feels not too much harder than stock. Like i said, you won't get too much performance out of springs but if you get the car lowered too much on springs, they will destroy your stock shocks.

Comment

I'll reply to the top, my shocks are out of whack. I bought my car with a 'replaced' front right shock coz the previous had blown but NUP.. This one is crap. They're all crap, it's as if I have a full track setup stiffness off these shocks coz they're that stiff. I'll give you an idea - I got hang time on my front wheels 3 days ago when I hit a bump in the road at 60kmh.
            So in short - if they're blown they can cause damage. Not immediate but it's fairly easy to screw up alignment and whatnot.
            Anyway, I bought Koni yellows which are in a container from the US as we speak and I'll have them in a week to fit.. So I'm excited.
            FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

Ahh alright thx for the info. From what I see and other peoples experiences I guess coilovers will just be a better option then lowering springs.

Comment

I may want to do this soon. From what I read, you probably need camber kits as well, to reduce tire wear, etc... may be i am wrong!

Comment

Working...
                X