Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery specs for AUDMDC5R

hey guys,

my battery is dead and is over 4 years old. just wondering what are the technical specs of teh battery for a AUDMDC5R. My friend recommended i try goign to a boat shop and get a Gel battery due to the longetivity, smaller size & weight and zero maintenance.

so does any1 know off hand the specs so i can go to any place and say.. "i need this type of battery"

thanks

angus

get the one for odyssey...its smaller and do the same job....
    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
    1)ブレーキを踏む
    2)クラッチを切る
    3)シフトダウンしなから、
      アクセルをぶかす
    4)クラッチをつなぐ
    :blah:
    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

but with the smaller Odyssey battery you will need some kind of stand to prop it up so the stock battery stand will still work properly

Comment

wicked.. so any1 know what teh specs are of the std one so i know what to get when i upgrade?

Comment

not that this information would be helpful for the eastern states ppl.. but after shopping around for some batteries i ended up going for one thru RAC (WA).

here is the info i gathered if any1 else is looking for a battery in the near future;

Odyssey PC-925 (2year wty according to shop) from batteryworld $340.00
          Deka ETX16L (1year wty) $195.00 from ozhonda trader
          Spoonsports (?? wty) $390.00 from ozhonda trader
          RAC 2136 (3 year wty and onsite install) $120.00

all are drycell and most of them except the RAC is smaller and lighter. I didnt get to weight the battery but it looks about the same size as oem. I was unable to get the specs or CCA of the battery cas the guy that fitted it kept going on about how dangerous my dog is and his twin turbo supra he just bought

but for $120.00, onsite installation, 3 year onsite warranty.. i couldnt complain. for 1/4 of the cost for a spoon one i think i got a pretty good deal. will see how it goes in the future.

factsheet;
          http://rac.com.au/files/battery_1.pdf

Comment

Bought this battery from Batteryworld for $160. The reading of its voltage from the Apexi Turbo Timer and Vafc is around 14.1 to 14.2. The standard ones are 14.4. Solution for the battery clamp,you can just bent the original one and spray it black again. sorry for the bad picture

Comment

Originally posted by shah View Post
              Bought this battery from Batteryworld for $160. The reading of its voltage from the Apexi Turbo Timer and Vafc is around 14.1 to 14.2. The standard ones are 14.4. Solution for the battery clamp,you can just bent the original one and spray it black again. sorry for the bad picture

batteries aren't ~14v. if you switch off your engine and leave the key in the on position, you will find that it's approx ~12.5v.
              T U 8 8 Y R - 0 6 5 4 8

Comment

owh ok,the reading i stated was when the engine is running...will check the reading when its off

Comment

Working...
                X