Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 with K24. UPGRADE DRIVESHAFTS?

Gents,

Planning to go K24 down the track. Not too much information I can find about upgrading the stock driveshafts on the DC5 when planning to install a K24.

Im only looking for 150odd kw atw. Something more torquey but main concern is reliability so I guess the power figures arent too high. Want to know the pros and cons of upgrading drive shafts etc.

Cheers,
    Alex
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Hey Alex,

You can still use the DC5/K20 driveshafts, it will bolt in normally with the K24 swap in a DC5. OEM driveshafts are probably your best bet in terms of reliability and value. No need to go aftermarket with that amount of power, the stock driveshafts should do fine.

Peter
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

No dramas. thanks Peter. OEM good for up to 200kw?
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

No worries. I've seen/heard of DC5's with that much power or more on OEM drivetrain do fine. But I guess it's more dependent on what you do with the car. If you launch or rip a lot of burnouts, your driveshafts are going to have a pretty bad time.
        1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

yeah thats true. yeah i wouldnt be launching the car at all!
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Pete speaks the truth. (He was also the one in charge of my driveshafts )

Comment

150kw odd atw for a K24 is still a pretty high figure for a K-series, but in saying that, you should get around that much matched with your 5.1 final drive.

Pro: as above, OEM drive shafts are fine when matched up with that power. Just take care of it when prying them out - don't yank it out holding the joints.

Con: unnecessary cost of buying upgraded ones

Apparently, Craig from PSR advised me that with that launching with that much power, you may chew through your hub splines. Not a worry for me, as all I get is wheel spin.

Comment

we had over 210fwkw and was launching the DC5R on slicks at 7500rpm and never broke a OEM shaft yet.

Comment

Thanks Dale. I guess is the MISSR drag car on slicks a few times a week launching can handle it! Its good enough for the rest of us!
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                    Thanks Dale. I guess is the MISSR drag car on slicks a few times a week launching can handle it! Its good enough for the rest of us!
                    byp racing and jdmyard uses k24 in their cars, go hard add a turbo, 400+ kw atw??? =)

https://www.facebook.com/JDMYard/pho...15565355136040
                    Last edited by JupiteR; 26-10-14, 09:58 AM.
                    AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Working...
                    X