DC5 Tein Coilovers knocking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Tein Coilovers knocking?

Hey guys, so I just came back from TOP ONE after I got my tein advance street coilovers(used) installed. While driving home I realised when I go over bumps and doing right turns, I can hear clunk sound from the rear. I got off and had a look and everything seemed fine, I gave it abit of pressure and pushed down on my rear to see if I could reproduce the sound and it seemed to have disappeared. I gave it a few more test runs and now I can only hear knocking sound (rear left) when I do a hard turn to the right.

I read up on some posts from clubrsx and some people stated that the bolts on the rear swaybar needs to be tightened which I doubt is the problem.

What could be the problem? Note: I have not done a wheel alignment yet, and Deddy said I have to purchase a new camber kit for the rear and front (Could this be the problem?).

It seems this is a very common issue with the DC5 when coilovers are installed. I have the exact same knocking noise in my DC5R with TEIN HA's when I turn hard to the left or right. From what I can tell its the springs binding and its no issue. Im not really sure how to fix that knocking noise i always read different opinions on it. Perhaps someone else can shed light on this

Comment

If you have pillow ball top mounts, the creaking and knocking is normal. You can get needle bearings in between the spring and the camber plate to help with the binding.

Comment

liteX. Check the spring perches on the rear coils, there might not be enough preload on them. There shouldn't be any spring binding at all on the rears.

Comment

i have the same with the front my my coilovers...with buddyclub N+
          i just fixed the knocking sound when driving in the rain, i think solving this one is next... zzz
          AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
            liteX. Check the spring perches on the rear coils, there might not be enough preload on them. There shouldn't be any spring binding at all on the rears.
            These are the are the coilovers that I got off you, I'll probably go back to TOP ONE some time next week to install the rear and front camber kit, and have them check it out. Not really sure what you mean by not enough preload on them (don't know much about springs lol).

Comment

Just curious to as to if its possible to fix a noisy passenger side upper pillow ball mount on Tein Type Flex Coilovers? Anyone please help meeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Having the exact same problem as above no fix yet though

Comment

My knocking problem disappeared after I got the camber arms and wheel alignment done.

Comment

Working...
                  X