Help to reach 200whp on base auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey OP,

Maybe speak to Timmy, he did have the A3 setup awhile ago but in manual.. Speak to him regarding some results if you want some thoughts..

Comment

dos he have a thread here?

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        man, you have a lot to learn!

K20A3 = 120kW AT THE FLYWHEEL

this = 120kW * 0.2 for drive train loss = 96kW at the tyres

(no idea what dynapack reading would convert as, but dyno dynamics is real "at the tyres" reading)
        i got 82atw stock on base auto lol on dyno dynamics
        did this run just before i put a ktuner on and i had...no mods, just a pod filter =)
        AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
          Hey OP,

Maybe speak to Timmy, he did have the A3 setup awhile ago but in manual.. Speak to him regarding some results if you want some thoughts..
          his a3 setup pooped when he was on the track, hes on k24 now
          AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

hmm.i am reading timmy's base thread now.

thinking about ordering the dc sports header for the base. just waiting for sleeping performance's reply about the eligibility of ktuner's if i ever go for an engine swap and if base exhaust and header will fit in they type r engine as well.

since i am going to do my masters here i dont wana go for a type r just yet. if possible i will enjoy the base with increased torque for two years while i go back and forth and may b then do a type r....the engine will blow by then i think haha.i have abused it pretty well hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by JupiteR View Post
              his a3 setup pooped when he was on the track, hes on k24 now
              planing to take my skyline to winton on sep 14 hope that doesnt pop haha.

Comment

Best bet is to come and have a coffee with me and we can work out a plan of attack for which way you want to go
                Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                  Hey OP,

Originally posted by deathvalley View Post
                  dos he have a thread here?
                  To give you a better understanding of whats going to happen or what you need to do......
                  Im just being honest here and not having a go at you because I have been through it all before.

#1. Auto will not be able to handle much power + be able to give you a 'fast' A3.
                  #2. If you change to manual tranny you should look at a 6 speed box. 5 speed box will have longer ratios and 4.3 final drive
                  #3 EBAY special or cheap turbos may cause more problems then benifits
                  #4 In the end, you are dropping big coin on a motor that was never built for big power. Saying you do it by the book and upgrade drivetrain, internals, ECU & tuning gearbox, clutch, LSD and so on...... Are you going to be happy with 150kw?

Best to speak with Sleeping Performance and have a coffee and a chat. Everyone who has given you advice on here has been spot on.
                  Last edited by Timmy_B; 28-08-14, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Top information Tim

Comment

did a full jdm type r conversion guys.

its just so different from the base.

Comment

Working...
                      X