Drive Shaft issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drive Shaft issues

During the track day yesterday my drive shaft came out twice while taking a corner. Unsure if its due to spinning out and sliding on the grass earlier. We managed to put it in again and it was fine for the drive home.
    My question is the drive shaft faulty or the place it locks into in the gearbox?

Cheers
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

was the circlip spring still on it?

it indicates you have too much play somewhere in all your sussy and engine bay.

do you have hard mounts?
    ... retired/

Comment

check driveshaft length cup to cup within spec like in service manual

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
        was the circlip spring still on it? yes it was

it indicates you have too much play somewhere in all your sussy and engine bay. Ok how will i find it?

do you have hard mounts? Yes hasports

Originally posted by hello View Post
        check driveshaft length cup to cup within spec like in service manual
        Ok will do
        sigpic
        128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

As we discussed Karl, I would recommend getting the inner CV inspected by a professional for damage. I suspect something may have happend to the cv but was unable to tell 100% at the track.

If you need someone to check it out, get in contact with Street Class Racing on facebook
          Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
          Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
          Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
          Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Originally posted by sleepingperformance View Post
            As we discussed Karl, I would recommend getting the inner CV inspected by a professional for damage. I suspect something may have happend to the cv but was unable to tell 100% at the track.

If you need someone to check it out, get in contact with Street Class Racing on facebook
            Is that in the drive shaft. If so couldn't i just replace it?
            Last edited by Karl; 02-07-14, 06:20 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

CV = constant velocity joint

Each driveshaft has an inner and outter cv joint. You will need to pull the shaft out and get a driveshaft shop to inspect it
              Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
              Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
              Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
              Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

post pictures of the end of the cv shaft (bit that goes in the gearbox) if you can

Comment

Working...
                X