Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New K-Tuned 3inch Exhaust fitted making strange noise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New K-Tuned 3inch Exhaust fitted making strange noise!

Hey Guys,

I had my new exhaust come in last week so i decided to fit it over the weekend on my DC5R. It is the 3in K-tuned Oval pipe system. I don't think it is very common but i really like the design and it gives me much more clearance below the car and i could be wrong but i havnt seen any other manufacturer making a 3inch system for the DC5. See pics below of the install:

Exhaust in Box:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The previous exhaust this car had was a custom made 3inch system which was far to loud and hung a little low. So the issue we ran into when fitting the exhaust was that the Cat was welded to the custom made exhaust. This exhaust was created to bolt up to the stock Cat. So to get around this we cut the exhaust off after the cat and also cut the new exhaust where it bolted up to the cut and simply welded the two together. This worked out quite well.

Im definitely happy with this system it gives the car a much nicer deeper note and is quieter than my last one. I can also feel some sort of a power gain in mid range which im very happy with.

The only issue that i have is that there is a very strange noise coming from the exhaust when i accelerate from maybe 2-3K RPM upwards. It is very hard to describe all i can say is that it sounds like a wind echo or like a hovering sort of noise. I can notice it much more when there are cars around me as the noise bounces. i suspect it may be a exhaust leak where it was welded as i dont think this system would make a noise like that. But its not your typical sounding leak its like a strange whistling noise.

It does not make this noise on idle only when accelerating. I checked under the car and i could see what looked to be a small amount of exhaust gas coming form where it was welded. Could a small leak in the weld make this sort of noise? I highly doubt it is the system itself.

Searching for opinions i guess!
    Last edited by Pizzay; 30-06-14, 09:56 AM.

i think its a leak, i had a loud sound when i accelerated and found its my header leaking..
    COULD be the welding on your catback, throw some diluted carwash on where you think it leaks, see if theres bubbles

or could be your intake =D
    AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Working...
    X