Air leak from headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air leak from headers?

so i just installed plm header with hiflow cat and a toda catback in one hit

so i installed the header and cat and started my car without a catback and it makes this sound =)
    http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ju...a453c.mp4.html

now ive installed my toda, idle is ok, normal sound but when i accelerate, it makes a similar sound...
    i assume this would be an air leak at some joint somewhere? anyone know?
    http://s1206.photobucket.com/user/Ju...25594.mp4.html
    Last edited by JupiteR; 13-06-14, 01:12 AM.
    AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Not to sure but it sounds pretty normal to me. But the sound clips are a bit short.

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
      Not to sure but it sounds pretty normal to me. But the sound clips are a bit short.
      is it? haha, getting a pink slip now, if they cant find it, ill record a longer clip..
      but the sound doesnt sound right.....unless thats the sound of the catback O_O?!?!!!
      AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Stainless steel headers will sound like they are going "ting ting ting" due to the exhaust pulses bouncing off the header
        Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
        Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
        Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
        Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Is it a slip joint? If so, there will always be leaks

Comment

You could try that but make sure you get a block of wood between the mallet and the pipes.

Comment

Working...
            X