sensor wires cant reach cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just changed my header to a Xforce header and one of the sensor plugs cant reach the hole in the cat
    dont know which sensor this is but has this happened to anyone?

would anyone recommend in cutting the wires and adding an extension wire and solder it in between as an extension?
    Last edited by JupiteR; 01-06-14, 04:35 PM. Reason: change tigle
    AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Very common problem which happens with almost all aftermarket headers, I picked up an extension when I placed an order with kseries parts, have a search around, this is what you need
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/280966126668
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Also, check to make sure there isn't any extra cable coiled up near the first connection,
      Also how short is it? Sometimes an angled defouler may be enough to make it reach
      02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Originally posted by gunpoons View Post
        Also, check to make sure there isn't any extra cable coiled up near the first connection,
        Also how short is it? Sometimes an angled defouler may be enough to make it reach
        waU...$50 for an extension..
        i think mines short about about 10cms..
        AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

extended the o2 sensor via cut and solder.
          o2 sensor light is on, on my dash, is there a reset? or is it....broken? anyone know?

Comment

Do you mean the check engine light is on?
            To read the code do this

Comment

To read the code do this
              Extending upon what he said...Make sure car is off, plug wire into ports 4 and 9 (count from left, as shown in pic), Turn 2 clicks to ignition.. DON'T START THE CAR**, Look at where the CEL light normally is and it will be flashing. Long flash = 10, short flash = 1. Eg, 3 long flashes, 2 short = 32.
              Report back with results
              FD3S Questions? Pm me.

Comment

To read the code do this
                whats that do? how can you read the code from that?
                atm i changed my header, extended an o2 sensor and my engine light is on..

Comment

If you do the procedure Mothius has mentioned it will give you a code number, that code number then relates to a given problem, once you know what the problem is, or in this case which sensor has a problem,
                  It could be your primary or secondary, it also shows which fuse to pull to reset the ecu after your done, see these link,
                  http://www.k-series.com/content.php?...ne-Light-(CEL)
                  http://www.k-series.com/dtc.html
                  Last edited by gunpoons; 02-06-14, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X