Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will bolting on an RBC and new TB break anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will bolting on an RBC and new TB break anything?

Hey Guys,

A little while ago I got in on a hybrid racing group buy and picked up an rbc manifold bored to 70mm and a hybrid 70mm tb. I understand that without a tune i will never reap the full benefits, but is it going to have a negative impact on the car if i just bolt them on? the original plan was to go hondata and tune, but at the moment thats financially out of the question.

please help

Well changing the flow diameter and throttle body will make your car run leaner. The biggest issue I see is your TPS sensor not calibrated correctly as you mention you don't have a hondata system.

Unfortunately you can't just bolt on a new throttle body that uses a seperate TPS sensor without re-calibrating the butterfly plate at closed and WOT positions. I personally wouldn't do it as you could stuff your idle and drivability all together. That in all is the biggest hazard.
    Norm

Comment

You can manually adjust the tps sensor. You just need a Multi meter to get readings.

Dot worry about leaning out the car with a new manifold and TB. I HIGHLY doubt that will happen.

Comment

Working...
      X