Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replica headlights

Hey guys,

Can't find much info regarding this on the forum so I though I would ask. My headlights are fogged to hell and nothing can clean em that I've tried. So I decided I'm gonna have to replace them. Don't wanna fork out 1k for authentic Honda headlights so I thought I'd go for replica headlights such as these.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/02-04-Acu...item1e862dbffd

My only concern is that these will be designed for LHD cars. I know you can angle the headlights, but can you angle them so it will be the same as headlights designed for RHD cars, or will it still blind oncoming commuters to some degree?

I had these on my dc5r cause they were heaps fogged up. Fitment is great, you can adjust the headlights to point down but I wasn't able to adjust then to RHD spec. Had no issues with on coming traffic
    Have a read of my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by itr5093 View Post
      I had these on my dc5r cause they were heaps fogged up. Fitment is great, you can adjust the headlights to point down but I wasn't able to adjust then to RHD spec. Had no issues with on coming traffic
      Its quite difficult to tell with on-coming traffic as they don't usually get the chance to let you know. They will blind on-coming traffic to a degree. To what degree though, you will only find out if you get a mate to drive in the opposite direction with them on. But they are a great alternative as a replacement.

Comment

park like 3m behind a car and see if it can shine into the rear mirror, as long as it doesnt hit that then it should be fine =)
        AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

If you adjust them down far enough to not really bother incoming traffic too much, then it won't really project light that far forward ... I had a pair of replica headlights that were LHD spec. I later decided it wasn't really worth it.

Maybe the inside part of the headlight is the problem? If you can be bothered, you could chuck the headlights into the oven to get the plastic cover off and try cleaning them from the inside.

Comment

The condition of the lights are pretty bad To the point where replacing them seems the best option... Anywhere sell replicas designed for RHD?

Comment

For the most part you'll find that the replicas on ebay are made for the US. But I am sure there are some out there for RDH, though if you can't find one you can always adjust the beams to the best you can so you don't fully blind incoming.
              Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Or you can buy mine. Which will happen to be for sale in a month or 2. :P

Comment

If you do buy the US sets and you're that concerned - you can always swap the other housing on to your AUDM innards. No aiming issues that way... worth the trouble? probably not.

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll figure out what the best solution is

Comment

Don't understand why you dot go to the wreckers and find a decent set.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                        Don't understand why you dot go to the wreckers and find a decent set.
                        Oh I've looked, but every wrecked DC5 I've looked at has had the front smashed in, so the headlights have gone with it... Or the lights are in about the same condition as mine currently...

Comment

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/331203230457

Comment

Working...
                          X