Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mechanical + Roadworthy + DC Luxury experts needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanical + Roadworthy + DC Luxury experts needed!

Hey everyone... I hope I'm posting in the right department? If I'm not just let me know and I'll make the necessary adjustments.

I have my eye on a 2005 Integra DC Luxury interstate, so I don't have the opportunity to personally test drive the vehicle.

My concerns are can be seen in the images below which are:

1: The car has been lowered (original springs were professionally compressed) which doesn't look legal to me? I've elected to have the old 16" rims put back on, but I still think it's a bit of a concern... right?

2: The front spoiler has sustained damage due to a towbar having hit it. Does that look to be a simple entire spoiler respray job?... Or is the damage deeper than that?...

3: Finally the rear and side sun/rain visors which I despise and would like to have them removed. Will this potentially leave a sticky residue behind?

I'm just trying to get the best advice possible prior to purchasing one of these cars, so if you guys think it's not a good choice, let me know and I'll look elsewhere.

Thank you kindly for your help!

Nickolas

image-1.jpegimage.jpeg

image-4.jpgimage-3.jpg

Originally posted by snowinokinawa View Post
    Hey everyone... I hope I'm posting in the right department? If I'm not just let me know and I'll make the necessary adjustments.

I have my eye on a 2005 Integra DC Luxury interstate, so I don't have the opportunity to personally test drive the vehicle.

My concerns are can be seen in the images below which are:

1: The car has been lowered (original springs were professionally compressed) which doesn't look legal to me? I've elected to have the old 16" rims put back on, but I still think it's a bit of a concern... right?

2: The front spoiler has sustained damage due to a towbar having hit it. Does that look to be a simple entire spoiler respray job?... Or is the damage deeper than that?...

3: Finally the rear and side sun/rain visors which I despise and would like to have them removed. Will this potentially leave a sticky residue behind?

I'm just trying to get the best advice possible prior to purchasing one of these cars, so if you guys think it's not a good choice, let me know and I'll look elsewhere.

Thank you kindly for your help!

Nickolas

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6444[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6443[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6442[/ATTACH]
    Hi Nickolas, this is what I think of the car:

1. You can just get a set of OEM springs/OEM suspension and just have them replaced. Not an overly expensive thing to do.

2. The damage looks very light and it shouldn't have caused any structural/chassis damage. Should be an easy and cheap fix

3. After removing the visors, there may be a little bit of glue/foam stuff left. This can easily be removed with some time and care.

I see that you are planning to buy this car from another state, just remember that you have to factor in other costs such as new registration, RWC and transport costs. Add in the costs listed above and work out whether it is still worth it or not.
    If it were me, I would probably go and inspect the car myself before I hand over the cash, it's always better to be safe. In conclusion, go for it if it's real cheap. Otherwise I'd keep looking locally and just be patient.

Hope this helps and good luck with the search!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X