Clear All

Mugen style wing spoiler

looking to install a mugen style wing spoiler

just want to ask is illegal ?????

For DC5?

Comment

yes mate

Comment

I wouldn't say it's illegal, but if a Cop was in the mood, he could defect you on the grounds that the winglets could hurt a pedestrian. Or vision obstruction or something stupid like that...

Comment

Yep that's right. The rules are open to interpretation, the basic wording of the rule that they'll catch you on is: "An object fitted to a vehicle must be designed, built and fitted to the vehicle in a way that minimises the likelihood of injury to a person making contact with the vehicle." That's from the Victorian Road Safety (Vehicles) Regulations 2009, and Australian Design Rule 42 has similar wording. It's up the discretion of the officer though, as obviously the big wangs on AMGs are allowed so the Mugen wing should be fine as well.

Comment

The last owner of my dc5 had defect notice for the rear (wing mugen style) but fort it and won. It came down to the sides must be within the body line of the car. This is for Queensland and May/ most likely be different in other states.

I keep a copy of the over tuned defect notice in glove box, luckily I have not needed to use it yet!

Comment

Working...
            X