Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DC5R] Name of this bushing and replacement recommendation

Hi All,

Just took my car in for a service and a look over at my local mechanics and they pointed out that my front bushings are damaged.

Right hand side is broken.
    Left side is starting to crack.

This is my front right bushing in the wheel-well.

Does anyone know what it's called, and recommend any replacements?

Cheers

EDIT: Forgot to mention, previous owner also put in King Springs. If it makes any difference...

Front lower control arm bush
    Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
    Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
    Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

http://www.hard-race.com.au/index.ph...product_id=116

And use the promo code 5OFF and you get 5% discount and it's free shipping.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys.

Will changing these to an aftermarket change the ride quality at all?
        I feel that the ride is already too stiff, and I don't want to make it stiff than what it already is...

Comment

Yes they are stiffer than stock. You will have to get OEM Honda bushes then, I believe this is the part number 51391-S6M-005, Which is surprisingly cheap in the states, i don't know what Honda Aus will charge. If one bush is in that kind of condition you should look at the condition of the other bushes.

And get rid of the king springs as quick as possible, they are the worst things ever.

Comment

Honda got back to me regarding the bushes and said $40 each for 51391-S6M-005.
            Found them online from an Acura OEM parts dealer for $15 each. Might just order online along with a set of pre-facelift taillight gaskets to fix the leaking tail lights.

Also, in the market for some new engine mounts because my front driver side mount is broken.
            I'm looking at the Mugen mounts (http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...product_id=515) because they are like stock in terms of vibrations but are slightly stiffer.
            Anyone had any experience with these?

Comment

If the Acura dealer wont post overseas, you can try amayama.com
              I've bought oem parts through them before and prices are very reasonable

Comment

a stiffer bush will not cause any problems with the comfort and ride quality,
                It will however improve the handling of the car and may feel more responsive in the steering.

i personally would opt for the more stiffer bush,
                like a nolathane type of bushing..
                sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Originally posted by WalkingCactus View Post
                  Honda got back to me regarding the bushes and said $40 each for 51391-S6M-005.
                  Found them online from an Acura OEM parts dealer for $15 each. Might just order online along with a set of pre-facelift taillight gaskets to fix the leaking tail lights.

Also, in the market for some new engine mounts because my front driver side mount is broken.
                  I'm looking at the Mugen mounts (http://www.jdmyard.com/index.php?rou...product_id=515) because they are like stock in terms of vibrations but are slightly stiffer.
                  Anyone had any experience with these?
                  Mugen mounts are great if you don't want increased cabin vibs, they are only a set of three though and don't include the rear mount,
                  if your daily-ing the car I think they are the best option, and you always have the ability to add a hardcore rear mount from Hasport later on if you want to stiffen things up, or add a aftermarket header
                  02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Man, I love you guys already! Thanks so much for the responses guys!

I ended up venturing down to JDM Yard yesterday and they were sold out of Mugen Mounts. Ended up getting the Hardrace HR7566 Street Kit.
                    Got them installed today and I'm happy as pigshit! Turns out that 3 out of my 4 mounts were broken.
                    These new ones have made the idle so smooth in comparison to my old mounts. I no longer get back massages at the traffic lights.

Big thanks to Yonas and his team for suggesting the Hardrace kit to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X