Spacing Caliper mounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spacing Caliper mounts?

So today I wanted to put on slotted rotors I got a while ago (EBC slotted and dimpled). Then fit well but when I went to put the brake calipers back on they wouldn't fit/line up with the rotor. Looking closer it appears that the aftermarket rotors sit out a little further than the stock rotors.

My question is, could I use spacers (washers) so that the calliper mount sits out a bit further so the brakes will fit on the rotor?

Have you tried using a G clamp to squeeze the brake pad back in (pushing the pot cylinder back), to allow for the extra thickness of a new rotor compared to your older worn one?

Comment

Its not that the calliper won't fit the new rotor, The rotor itself sits outwards more on the hub than the stock one, so the rotor doesn't line up with the calliper mount.

Comment

Have you measured the depth of the top hat on the rotors, new vs old? And the thickness of the rotor itself?
        If they are not the same you simply have the wrong rotors,
        What car are we talking about here?
        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Its for a dc5r. Yeah the centre of the rotor is lower on the slotted one, which leads it to sit out more, apart from that they are the exact same measurements as stock rotor. They were sold to me as dc5 rotors. Does anyone know if the Jdm dc5 rotors are different? If so then that may be the reason

Comment

JDM rotors are different to AUDM rotors.

JDMs are used with the OEM Brembos which sit differently to the AUDM.

Comment

Working...
            X