Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 - Vibration noise in the wet

Hey guys,

Been having a weird issue, and lots of people have thrown lots of ideas at me as to what it could be. And the more opinions the merrier.

Whenever it is raining and the roads are wet, my car shudders and vibrates when decelerating. It will drive fine in the higher revs, but as soon as i start slowing down and the revs drop there is shuddering and heavy vibrations. I can feel it through the gear stick so I can only assume its a front end issue. As soon as the roads and the car dries out it drives at 100%

The main theory at the moment seems to be wheel bearings? If you guys have any ideas I would really appreciate the help.

Do you have the same tyres on your two front wheels?

Comment

could be belt related? do you have your splash undertray installed?

water on drive belts affects the engine performance...
      ... retired/

Comment

test maybe by hoseing the front wheels and replicating the issue?
        ... retired/

Comment

Can you please tell us what you have ruled out and what you have checked? It would make help us in helping you identify the problem.

Comment

At this point I haven't ruled anything out. Tyres are the same all the way around and all undertrays are installed. I don't seem to have a problem when i wash the car... if that helps at all.

Comment

My car does this too. There's a thread on here and ClubRSX (both very old) - from my understanding, it has something to do with the exhaust - as per the thread here and on CRSX

Edit 1:
              Link: http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...rket+vibration
              Last edited by DaRKNT; 22-01-14, 07:15 PM.

Comment

What wheels, as in size/width are you running?
                Have you tried simply reverting to stockies for a test run?
                02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

wheels are 17x8+25 with 225 tyres.
                  i dont think its wheel/tyre related because I had my track wheels on (17x7) and had the problem occuring on the skidpan

Comment

I remember reading a similar problem before and ended up being something with the exhaust. Dont ask me how or why though lol!
                    S2000
                    WSID : TBA
                    Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
                    Smooth As Detailing
                    Incar Racing

Comment

I added a link to my post. Check it out.

Comment

Cold water hitting a hot exhaust?
                        Could be causing funny noises but not sure about vibrations in drive line
                        02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

i have the same issue, gear stick can vibrate in idle and makes the rattling sound in idle at the red light aswell.

sounds like the exhaust is knocking on the car
                          AUTO | Ktuned @ 115.2 kw atw | ITR Cams-TB-I/M | XForce 4-2-1 | Toda Catback | Mugen Intake | Whiteline | Buddyclub N+ | Buddyclub SF3

Comment

Jack the car up and start checking stuff underneath.

Engine mounts
                            Hub bearing play (Remove wheels then rotate the hub)
                            Check brakes
                            Check everything pretty much then report back. If you have to. Jack the car up. Start the car without the front wheels and try to mimic the sounds to pin point where its coming from.

Comment

Sounds like the common "DC5R in the wet" noise, that DaRKNT provided a link to above. There are even older threads on it as well, it's a known issue. Changed the thread title to be more reflective of thread content.

Comment

Working...
                              X