Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered replacement Honda Key from dealership

Hey guys,

Going to get a replacement honda key straight from the dealership.

Anyone had this done before and know what type of ass slaughter I be receiving from Honda?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Dc5 replacement key was quoted to me as $220. Could be a bit more for a two button key.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

What happened to the Euro key that I sent you?
      Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

The key itself is welded into the housing. Looking on clubrsx where the yanks retro fit their key into the switch blade keys from various models. They slice it out and jb weld it. I just got.some jb weld but fell asleep. Gonna jb weld mine up thanks to.your euro key and see how i go

Was just seeing if anyone got a repkacement from honda anyways.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
          Dc5 replacement key was quoted to me as $220. Could be a bit more for a two button key.
          I have a feeling it be aroubd $400.. i emailed chris from scotts honda and see how i go
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

Alex, last time I got mine done and duplicated including the cutting it was around $220 too.

Comment

Thanks for that Norman, as you have a DC5R, is your central locking/alarm FOB separate to your key, or is it all in one like the newer Hondas?
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Unfortunately my central locking unit is seperate to my key.

Comment

ahh ok, I have a feeeling the newer keys will be a lot dearer.

Anyways I used the Euro key Michael sent to me and it all worked perfectly and when i took it apart to cold weld it with jb weld it, it all FUCKED UP and now doesnt look good at all. so pissed off with myself GRRRR
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

Working...
                  X