Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat Belt Reel

Hey guys,

As some of you may know, I got defected and one of the defects is that my seat belt reel did not retract on its own..

I'll admit it could retract a bit better but its not completely useless as the police officer stated.

Is there anything I can do to make the reel retract the seat belt better or do I require a new/used But better condition one?

Thanks for your help!

Jay

DC5-S

it's a safety issue, get a new one.
    ... retired/

Comment

I'd also be interested in any recommended companies that can supply these locally!

Mine don't retract properly (slowly) unless I feed it in.

Comment

I just googled a couple of places - no support for Integras after the DA series for some reason - weird as they are ADR compliant.

Worth ringing Honda for a price?

Whatever you do, don't be tempted into buying second hand ones.
        1988 CRX
        1999 Integra Type R
        2020 Civic Type R

Comment

Originally posted by Apu View Post
          I'd also be interested in any recommended companies that can supply these locally!

Mine don't retract properly (slowly) unless I feed it in.
          Originally posted by Setanta View Post
          I just googled a couple of places - no support for Integras after the DA series for some reason - weird as they are ADR compliant.

Worth ringing Honda for a price?

Whatever you do, don't be tempted into buying second hand ones.
          Just got off the phone to the service guys at trivett honda (my local honda dealership)

I was advised to first try fully extending the belt and spraying silicon spray on both sides of the belt then wiping down the belt then respraying the belt both sides with the silicon spray and letting the belt retract.

Will be trying this out this weekend. Will post the outcome!

DC5-S

Comment

Not sure how it works over there, but in the states, dealers are supposed to change any defective seatbelt equipment free of charge. They tend to try and turn you away or charge you, but since our federal laws require safety equipment on our vehicles, it's not our responsibility to pay for (inadvertantly) faulty safety belts.

Comment

Well...it is wear and tear as opposed to "faulty"

Comment

Yes, but unless you damage it, It's supposed to last the life of the vehicle. I'm just sharing my experiences. I've had the seatbelt female receptacle replaced because it was causing an srs light. Through normal wear and tear it stopped working properly and I got it replaced for free. It was like pulling teeth, but they did it.

Comment

Working...
                X