DC5S keyless remote not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S keyless remote not working

So my dc5 type s key remote has stopped working. For a while it was just not working sometimes and I had to press it a lot to get the little red light to flash but now there is nothing. I've replaced the battery twice now and still nothing. Now I was going to buy a new one but the price is ridiculous so that's a last resort.

So what I'm wondering does anyone know if there are any problems with the remote board or anyway to test and fix them? I've been over it with with a multimeter and there is a current going through it and but it just won't light up or open my car.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/KEYLESSPROG.pdf

This is what you have to do!

Its weird because when I had the battery changed on my car, for some reason my key still had the memory and didnt need a re-program. When I did a family members Honda, I ran into the same issue as you.

See the link above and it will work!!!!
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
      http://www.handa-accessories.com/crv/KEYLESSPROG.pdf

This is what you have to do!

Its weird because when I had the battery changed on my car, for some reason my key still had the memory and didnt need a re-program. When I did a family members Honda, I ran into the same issue as you.

See the link above and it will work!!!!

So the red light on the key didn't flash at all when the buttons were pressed?

Comment

cannot remember. I think the red light flashes when you press the button(s) to show there is power/battery.... Give that try and see how u go - nothing to lose
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

cannot remember. I think the red light flashes when you press the button(s) to show there is power/battery.... Give that try and see how u go - nothing to lose
          Yea I tried it a few times but nothing. There is no red light so it's not transmitting anything

Comment

u will need to change the batteryut
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

u will need to change the batteryut
              I've changed it 3 times, no change. There is power going through the remote but no light or anything when I press the buttons.

Comment

Working...
              X