Integra Type S front airbag lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integra Type S front airbag lights

Hi there, I have a type s and one day felt like stripping it so I ripped everything out without knowing I had to unplug my car batteries before removing the seats. Anyone know how to fix this? Now my front airbag lights wont turn off!!

Also is possible to fit aftermarket seats into a type s without srs going on ??

yes, google clubrsx srs airbag light.

u can do the paperclip trick. theres an actualy term for it too but cant think of it right now as im a fool.

I just simply opened up my cluster and got a black business card and covered up the airbag light area. reason why I did this is on the facelift clusters, the immoboliser light is lit via LED and not an acutal bulb on the pre facelift clusters...
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Please take it to an auto electrician with the proper OBII tool to reset your SRS. Doing the paper clip trick may result in an airbag release into your face. It should not cost a lot. If you take it to a Honda dealer they will charge you an arm and a leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
        Please take it to an auto electrician with the proper OBII tool to reset your SRS. Doing the paper clip trick may result in an airbag release into your face. It should not cost a lot. If you take it to a Honda dealer they will charge you an arm and a leg.
        Can you confirm this Norman - as I believe getting the srs system proeprly reset via OBDII (if possible) will net the same result as the paperclip trick as it is simply completing the circuit of all the airbags tow ork proeprty ina DC5 Type S (with the srs side airbags from the OEM leather seats) AFAIK, if the airbag lights were properly reset via OBDII, whats stopping the steering wheel airbag to release as you psychically cannot complete the circuit wit hthe OBDII (or can u?)

The best way to answer your question OP is to take the SRS moduel from your existing type s seats and keep it in the car to complete the circuit correctly.... This is very expensive though which is why n one does it.

FYI I ran aftermarket seats and kept the srs light on for over 2 years without issues. I also had a minor prang and no issues too.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          Can you confirm this Norman - as I believe getting the srs system proeprly reset via OBDII (if possible) will net the same result as the paperclip trick as it is simply completing the circuit of all the airbags tow ork proeprty ina DC5 Type S (with the srs side airbags from the OEM leather seats) AFAIK, if the airbag lights were properly reset via OBDII, whats stopping the steering wheel airbag to release as you psychically cannot complete the circuit wit hthe OBDII (or can u?)

The best way to answer your question OP is to take the SRS moduel from your existing type s seats and keep it in the car to complete the circuit correctly.... This is very expensive though which is why n one does it.

FYI I ran aftermarket seats and kept the srs light on for over 2 years without issues. I also had a minor prang and no issues too.
          I can confirm that the SRS light can occur for multiple reasons and only a proper OBD tool can detect those reasons for it. I can't ascertain that resetting it via an OBD tool will not yield an airbag release but it is very different to sticking a paper clip in and out as this may cause a short circuit due to the fiddliness. I have tried this method before and it did not work for me. Also in saying that, it isn't as simple as completing a circuit as you can still have the SRS light on when you have everything intact. I am purely taking a precautionary approach. In addition, from the OP, it seems like his circuit is already complete. You do not need to remove the SRS module to complete the circuit. If that was required, how do Works Bell products enable cars to keep their SRS lights from coming on with aftermarket steering wheels? They use resistors to cheat the car into thinking that the circuit is complete. All he needs is a simple reset via the OBD tool and if there hasn't been any damage to his electrical components it should be an easy 5 minute fix.

Comment

Can confirm the light comes on when seats are removed and put back in. I used the paperclip trick after I had a rip in my seat fixed.

I'm now using a Bride driver seat with a 2.2Ω 5W resistor in place of the airbag plugs. No issues.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies fellas, unfortunately I'm still new to all of this so I'm trying to take in as much as I can.

Really helpful!!

Comment

I'll most likely try the paperclip first as I'm planning to rub aftermarket seats

Comment

Please keep us posted victtorz.

Comment

Working...
                  X