K20A Conversion in CL9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K20A Conversion in CL9

Well I have sold my DC5R due to some very unfortunate circumstances and I'm already missing the thing. I have been on the hunt for another car to replace it and I have been given the chance to get a CL9 for a pretty good price, I will be checking it out tomorrow and hopefully driving it home if everything is good. Now, I've owned one of these before and they are a great car and they have an awesome engine, but there is nothing like nudging that near 9k rev limit on a K20A. I wanted to do a K20A conversion on my first CL9 but at the time it was very difficult to source a CL7R halfcut, plus I really didnt have the money to do it properly back then. Fast forward a couple of years and I'm planning to buy another CL9 AND I've seen a CL7R conversion for sale The question is, assuming this halfcut is complete with engine, transmission, ECU, wiring, cluster ect. Will we run into any issues in doing this conversion? Will any serious modifications have to be made to make the car work or will it just be a tedious swap? I know this isn't a popular topic as not many people have done this (to my knowledge), but any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Alex

i doubt any serious modifications will be required.

but - i think you could spend similar money on modifying the K24 to get similar, if not better, performacne...

if you want to have fun with a 9000rpm engine, i think you need a light chassis...

but depends what you wat to achieve?
    ... retired/

Comment

Working...
    X