Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripped timing belt/chipped crank pulley got fixed but..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripped timing belt/chipped crank pulley got fixed but..

Hi everyone out there with the same love for integras first i wana Race in Paradise O conner and his friend!

But alright i just made an account with citr' last night i need help if anyone can guve me sum info it will e much apreciated thanks, so i was drivin and i pulled up to my friends house when i did i left the car on about a minute at the most but while i did i heard sumtin hittin and figured out it was my timing belt ripping so i took off home before it finished rippin i got to the corner of my house an it turned off so i figured da belt ripped so i pushed it home, i got it fixed (Supposively) at a ''SHOP'' dey changed my belt the crank pulley nd sum sensor i forgot the name of it but before i forget when the car was running the check engine light came on as soon as i started hearing da little belt hittin inside da plastic dat cover da timing belt so i figured it wuld come off when they fixed it at the shop but it didnt, so what i did was use the 'No OBDll' way of gettin engine codes since my obdll plug doesnt wana read the obdll machine:/ so i used the other way and it gave me the codes: ( 80, 81, 82, & 83 )
    I wana figure out what they are:/ if anyone knws it will do much help
    The other problem is when supposively they replaced da belt nd pulley i drove it home and noticed dat when i let go of the clutch on first gear it shivered as if it was guna turn off but then caught on i was like? Wtf.. I dont knw if they left a teeth off from da belt like maybe dey disnt leave it on point or if i have to do anytin to the computer to tune it to the belts timing or what? But what idid do and it helped a bit is , i messed around with the distributor cap moved it around to where i saw it wasnt shiverin much it helped a liddo it doesnt seem as lazy when i let go of the clutch and start drivin but i knw sumthing is wronge regardless so i tought maybe sum one can help its very apreciated im only 20 not much experienced with the whole car mechanic stuff:/ thanks for the help if anyone can give sum info thank you

By the way its a 96 integra rs stock b18

Comment

Sounds like the Cam timing is out.
      sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

The cam timing,? Do yuh know how i would fix dat? Do i have to take it to a shop or can i do it myself? If it where to be dat?

Comment

Take back to the workshop mate..
          sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

Da inly problem is da shop i fixed it at is in fresno like 3 hrs away from where i stay at:/ i was visitin my mom when this happened so i jus gotta wait till i go back to visit my mom i guess:/

Comment

LoL... Just take it to a shop closer to your home town.. Fresno eh..

Quote:
              Originally Posted by justinfox
              You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Yeah thats the main problem haha, i shuld jus show up at a shop and let them mess with it huh? And dependin on what they tell me it is i already kinda have an idea of what it is so unless they try to screw me over sayin is sumthing worse and more expensive

Comment

If i were ti do a swap later on what would u guys suggest for my 96 integra rs??

Comment

Working...
                  X