Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine rebuild - B-series, costs and gains choices

Hi guys.

late last year i purchased a dc2 integra, me being a first time buyer and also ill informed i didnt know this car was going to start billowing smoke and burning through 4litres of oil a month ha ha. i got the stem seals replaced and the problem is still there so i presume it is the piston rings.

I have a few choices on my next move and i am just asking for some advice.

1) get a full rebuild wich would cost aprox $3,500 +
    2) Get another B18c2 (it's a vti-r) and drop it in. $?? price vary
    3) make a vtec/b20 frank.

I would just go straight for the rebuild but i don't want to spend all that money when really it is just going back to stock. I want to have a reliable motor with noticable power increase (hence why i suggested b20/vtec). What would be a good idea for increased performance and reliability? and approx prices?

Thanks in advance

is it a GSi or VTiR?

a Type R front cut would be the most complete option at around 5500, gain performance is pretty good, but not as much as a B20VTEC - but you will get better driveshafts, maybe the steerign wheel, better gearbox with LSD etc etc...

you may need to shop around for a good one from a reputable seller... exampel: http://www.brisbanemotorimports.com....anual-half-cut

but a B20VTEC could be pieced together for around 3000-4000, but can be be poorly made if the builder is inexperienced or lazy... plus you only get teh engien itself, not any extras...

a rebuild of the standard engine would be the least desirable option... in my opinion...
    ... retired/

Comment

Working...
    X