X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5zigen Air Duct Vs Aftermarket Front Bumper for dc5

Guys !!!

I need some opinion here.

I got myself a mugen airbox and I want to make the most of it but I can't decide what to buy.

I got a choice of using 5zigen air duct (5zigen DC5 Race Car use the duct) or change my stock front bar to any aftermarket bar i.e mugen,cwest, etc.

Erik

Got a link for the 5 Zigen air duct?

Comment

Here you go:

http://www.5zigen.co.jp/product/pror...eup/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by 3r1k View Post
        Guys !!!

I need some opinion here.

I got myself a mugen airbox and I want to make the most of it but I can't decide what to buy.

I got a choice of using 5zigen air duct (5zigen DC5 Race Car use the duct) or change my stock front bar to any aftermarket bar i.e mugen,cwest, etc.

Erik
        If you already got the Mugen Air Box already, then yeah, need to think about getting an aftermarket front bar. Since the Air Box piping is really designed in a way that fits those aftermarket front bar. You'd most likely gain better air flow if u get it, not that the stock one doesn't give u good air flow, just prob can't use it to its full potential la.

I had a C-West one, so I dunno about it compared to using it on a stock bar.

Comment

AHhhh... that one.

Well the options r pretty simple.

If you like the look of the stock front bar already and just want better air flow then just get the air duct.

If you want to change the look of your car as well then you can kill two birds with one stone by getting an after market one.

Tim: Actually the flow of air to the Mugen Box through the stock from bar is pretty damn bad...

Comment

Cwest 2.
            GO GO GO.

Comment

Originally posted by kookie View Post
              Cwest 2.
              GO GO GO.
              Yeah...the new CWest 2nd Generation front bar is the best I'd choose atm compared to Mugen and New Ings 2nd Generation. 2nd Generation looks cleaner and smoother in terms of looks.

Comment

or how about a Vision carbon induction pipe. It's kinda like a snorkle that come outta your front bar. Not visible tho. Cheaper too!

Originally posted by ChargeR
                Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

vision one must work with aftermarket front bumper like mugen, cwest etc. it just replaces the stock hose for people not getting the mugen intake
                  almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

I'v seen it just pokin through the little plastic grill... but you have to cut a hole out of it for the snorkle to go through.

Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

oh ok. thats kinda ugly but i guess it works.
                      almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

Originally posted by sangers View Post
                        oh ok. thats kinda ugly but i guess it works.
                        Nah if u do it properly... it looks good! But yeah... everyone has different tastes on modifying!

Comment

go for aftermarket front bar i recon.

Comment

the 5 zigen air duct off memory is quite expensive - might as well spend a little more to get an aftermarket front bar - might increase cooling too
                            Team Misplaced CT9A Owner #002

EVO IX FOR SALE:
                            http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=6115

Comment

prolly 700ish landed LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X