Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using camber tops for castor adjustment on the DC5 chassis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using camber tops for castor adjustment on the DC5 chassis.

In a lot of cars, mounting the camber tops in a diagonal fashion (imagine a unit circle, camber adjustment top now travels along 45-225deg ray, rather than 0-189deg ray) allows one to gain castor in their wheel alignment. While it quite often results in positive camber, it is quite easily adjusted back to negative camber with the aid of camber bolts.

I know for a fact that alot of the suby boys have done this.

Is it possible on the DC5 chassis? What are the trade offs? What must one purchase to make this happen?

Yes it's possible, with many coilovers all you need to do is swap the top mounts from left to right.

EDIT: Mugsee did this swap on his old setup, and this thread might give you more information: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by DaRKNT View Post
      In a lot of cars, mounting the camber tops in a diagonal fashion (imagine a unit circle, camber adjustment top now travels along 45-225deg ray, rather than 0-189deg ray) allows one to gain castor in their wheel alignment. While it quite often results in positive camber, it is quite easily adjusted back to negative camber with the aid of camber bolts.

I know for a fact that alot of the suby boys have done this.

Is it possible on the DC5 chassis? What are the trade offs? What must one purchase to make this happen?
      From a wheel alignment tech's point of view,
      i cant see this being a problem at all...
      sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

definitely can be done. my wheel alignment guy suggested it to me since i had camber bolts..

Comment

Working...
        X