Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Question: Knocking noise when taking off

just have a curious standard question, so here it goes:

so recently ive been driving my car and in the last 2 weeks i have started to hear a knocking noise only when being stationary at a set of lefts and taking off slowly the noise would occur or when i just started the car and im about to go somewhere or when im parking and you have to fix yourself you would hear the noise and you would hear a knocking sound. but when driving the vehicle you don't hear it at all. ive tried taking off really slowly or fast (lol) but yet i can still hear the same consistent knocking only when take off. also would like to add aswell the noise sounds like its coming from the left passenger side of the car, and i feel it its where the headers and exhaust connected where that area is.

so my question now is any of you fellow dc5 owners ever had this problem?
    could it be the engine mount? or
    could it be the coilover on the front left passenger side? (cornering feels fine no problems) or
    could it be the exhaust/headers hitting my front sway bar?

those are my assumptions.. but what are your thoughts though?
    havent gone to a mechanic yet because i haven't got anyone yet to drive my car to joshes down at sleeping performance to check out the problem. im gonna take it soon but before i do just want an idea pf what it could be...

Is it a single knock every few seconds or is it a rattle? Could be your headers. Bit vague
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

One question, have you had a look at your car? Like jacked it up to find anything abnormal? If its knocking when you take off there could be numerous of things. Are you able to replicate it when pushing he car forward when in neutral? I think you need to have a look first to rule out some stuff. We could throw a tonne of ideas to you but that would not solve anything. Could be your engine mounts, to your hub bearings, to your drive shafts to your bushings to your differential or transmission or could be something as simple as your nuts are loose.

Comment

As Norma said above go over everything first and look physically, shake a few things around see if there is anything out of the ordinary.

Check all your engine mounts make sure none are broken or leaking fluid (driver side top mount)
        Whilst driving at a constant speed, throttle on hard and back off at a higher rpm and see if the knocking sound occurs still.
        S2000
        WSID : TBA
        Wakefield : 1:10.1

Flippit Photography
        Smooth As Detailing
        Incar Racing

Comment

thank you for your thoughts and advice.

yeah will be jacking the car up soon to check things out but the noise only occurs when driving though. but i will check and try shake a few things to see how they are.

Comment

Working...
          X