Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch master cylinder replacement [Use of EM1/EM2 CMC]

Hey guys.

This thread is more of an informative/request for information in regards to the clutch master cylinder assembly on the DC5

As some of you may have seen in the chit chat, my clutch master cylinder recently blew out at the triangular plate which is a known weakness in the DC5 clutch system. This reminds me of a similar sort of issue Justin had a while back. Thread ref:

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...-Pedal-Sinking

Anyway, on the advice from the ClubRSX forums and some local members, I sought out to get an EM1 clutch master cylinder as they did not have the triangular section that the DC5 did.

Contrary to what I was told, the hardline fitting on the top for the outlet of the EM1 master cylinder was made for a 6 mm pipe and the thread for the connection is M10x1.0.

The DC5 was an 8 mm pipe with a thread of M12x1.0. CLEARLY VERY DIFFERENT.

Managed (after 4 hours of rushing around on a saturday morning) to get a fitting adapter to step it down. When trying to fit the studs through the two holes on the chassis, it didn't line up so I had to give it some love with a drill and file. After it finally got in (3 hours of trying), the butt of the cylinder (which has the push rod that connects to the clutch pedal assembly) was seated too far into the cabin to the point where it made contact with the clutch lever arm. The pic below details the difference in length.

I found this really odd as many people were saying it was a direct bolt on swap yet I've had to work with 2 major ghetto mods to even get it lining in. After some more googling, I saw that the RSX-S cmc looked like this:

The butt was just as long as the EM2/EM1 cylinder. That's why it seemed to be direct bolt on for the RSX setup. I'm being forced to buy another DC5 clutch master cylinder assembly from OEM honda so I can get my car running.

Feel free to chime in and correct me guys or suggest a possible aftermarket CMC I can source on the quick.
    Last edited by knobosaurus; 19-10-13, 07:34 PM.
    Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

I hadn't done a full investigation into this yet, but from some posts I think Alex has put up maybe? somewhere, I heard that this was the case.
    I bought a em1 cmc to myself, for future use, after researching on clubrsx, gunna use it for a paperweight the cunt!
    Fuck Honda and there stupid fckn combos of different parts used on the same fckn cars!!!

Gives me the shits, my falcodore mates are always laughing at me, think I'm plane retarted when I tell em it's a minefield buying parts for the dc5
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Real sorry to here there Vinh, I personally too thought it was a direct bolt on. Let's hope Alex sees this soon and can chime in on some info as I recall him getting an em1 cmc too!
      Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Yeah. I found that post in the crx build thread nate. Only after this incident though. I'm really just looking for an alternative cmc to use.

Fairly annoying. Brand spanking new dc5 cmc was $213.
        Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

The RSX is a left hand drive version of the Integra and during their design, Acura decided to mount the CMC on the left hand sides of the car. Because of this, the angles of the fittings to CMC is different, which is why the USDM based CMC and JAP/AUDM based CMC are not bolt-on interchangable.

Try selling the CMC back to the guys in the US to recover some money.
          Official ClubITR Sponsor: www.autosphere.com.au - For all your maintenance, oils and track needs.

Comment

Working...
          X