Cam/Ign timing and ECU readout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam/Ign timing and ECU readout

Not sure if this is the correct section, but if it is not - could you please move it Dave?

So, I have a Type S (K20Z1) and a Blitz R-VIT Multimeter set up in my car.
    Basically the R-VIT reads out certain parameters from the OBDII port and displays them on a screen, nice and simple.
    According to the R-VIT, the value for "IGN" (Which I can only assume is Ignition timing) is about 3-5 Deg at idle. To my understanding, it should be 0.
    I haven't had the chance to take the car to a mechanic but everything on the car seems just fine. Drives well etc etc etc.
    I only got the R-VIT recently and started playing with it now - so I'm not sure if it is a normal value.

How would I tell if the ignition timing is incorrect?

Is your ECU unmodified? There's no way to alter the ignition timing in the K series without a programmable ECU, and 3-5 degrees advance at idle seems completely reasonable to me.

Comment

At the moment yes, running OEM ecu.
      As long as 3-5 deg advance is normal, I'm good haha.

It's also recorded a peak value of 42 deg under load, if that means anything haha.

Comment

idle timing cannot be modified even in kpro.
        afaik it will vary a little bit to compensate engine speed.

im pretty sure your ign is normal. mine varies from 0-8 on idle.

Comment

What hello said. Also 42 peak sounds reasonable, looking in the A2 "Stock" kal supplied from Hondata that's about what the peak advance is.

Comment

Ah thats good to hear then!

Also my bad, 44 peak. I asked as I checked on the Haltech base tune for the K20A (Which I understand is closer to the K20Z1) and max advance was 40.2 degrees, hence why I thought my value was out.

Seems it's normal though, which is a relief.

Comment

Working...
            X