K20Z1/K24 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amant02 View Post
    If your staying na, then the z1 isn't the best head to use. a and a2 heads are much better.
    The head castings are exactly the same between the K20A, K20A2 and K20Z1. So all those heads are equally good.

Comment

If your staying na, then the z1 isn't the best head to use. a and a2 heads are much better.
      how do you tell an A head from a Z head?
      ... retired/

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=300991928980
        sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

K24 build is alot pain for virtually no gain.
          Virtually no gain...

Comment

Originally posted by 45SET View Post
            Virtually no gain...
            Im really hoping for some sort of gains here. anyone got any facts on power gained from the k frank?

As for this motor, this would save me a bucket load of $$ I wonder if its a good option though? Can I drop this enging into my car even though its a different head? I would assume the k20a2 can still go in the type s?

Comment

I was being sarcastic. I saw a gain of 40kw at the wheels, and that was a fairly basic K24 build. The part that impressed me the most was the torque, which was almost flat from 1,500 to 8,000.

Also chat to a engineer about doing the transplace as there are a few things you need to look in to (Depending which state you are in)
              - If engine transplants are legal in your state
              - If you have a certain amount of displacement increase to work with (Normally a %)
              - If you can fit an engine that is older then the OEM engine (Which means you are going to be limited to which engines you can use)

A K24 & K20 make roughly the same power (147-150kw), so you shouldn't have any problems with having to ungrade brakes, or power to weight ratio's.

But I would highly advise you either do your own research, or talk to the person that is going to be doing the engineering certifcate for you before you start the build.

Comment

I totally forgot about writing this thread...

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...5R-K24-fitment

Comment

Working...
                X