No announcement yet.

Rear Speaker Recommendations for DC5S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah man all good I have to see the car first and I can go with you t get the right speakers
    K20 Pocket Rocket Build : http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...-Pocket-Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by vtec20l View Post
      Yeah man all good I have to see the car first and I can go with you t get the right speakers
      I might need some help installing speakers for DC5 aswell lol (after I choose my speakers). I'm just hesitating if I need to get an amp or not atm.

Comment

No worries mate btw everyone I do full systems and other ice aswell

Comment

Originally posted by LiteX View Post
          Is this thing you mounted on the boot the subwoofer or a speaker? I use to have a mono amp with sub like that. So are you using stock speakers or aftermarket speakers?
          Im not sure what you are asking in the first bit here. The left rear seat has the amplifier mounted. I used a 1000w in case i wanted to add the door speakers to it. I have it bridged with a high pass filter so only low frequencies come out. On the right rear seat i cut a circle in the metal, then put density board inside the foam and mounted the sub woofer through the metal an into the density board. It has a beautiful bass sound if done correctly. I am currently using the stock type S Bose speakers in the rest of the car. They are just powered by the head unit I use. As long as you have a decent head unit, you can adjust the sub independently from the other speakers. Just keep the bass lower on the factory speakers and everything is crystal clear with no distortion. The white box in the back is just my toolbox. If i didnt answer your question, let me know I know you wanted to stay away from the Sub, but small door speakers will never give you the bass a sub can. If you are a thrifty shopper, you can find a decent amp and 10" sub for ~$150.
          Last edited by ahofnar; 06-03-14, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vtec20l View Post
            I'm pretty sure I just need 6" speakers without that tweeter thing in the middle that sticks out. So just cheap reliable speakers. I might need help replacing them though
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Ok all good just let me know

Comment

Also looking at getting new speakers myself, can't decide between the type s and type r as mentioned earlier after some shopping around. Anyone here have any personal experience with those models??
                Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by eLtrix View Post
                  Also looking at getting new speakers myself, can't decide between the type s and type r as mentioned earlier after some shopping around. Anyone here have any personal experience with those models??
                  I decided to go with the Type R. I guess it really depends on your budget, the Type s ones are almost half the price. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                    X