DC5R ECUs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R ECUs.

Hey guys, Im about to buy a Mugen N1 ECU from the UK for about 700 pounds.

Would these ECU's be a plug and play for the AUD Integra since the UK has the JDM Integras ? If not, what is needed to done in order for them to work ?

Also are these ECUs worth the money or am I better off getting a KPRO/Hondata.

Regards

IMO - better off tuning on a dyno.

Mugen doesnt know what modifications you have done to you car - so how could they have developed and ECU that suits them?

EDIT: unless you are running full N1 spec?
    ... retired/

Comment

Thanks tinkerbell. What ECU would you recommend for a 90% daily.

Comment

i think the only option is Hondata! tuned by Adrian @ SAS in Sydney obviously!
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tuannn View Post
          Hey guys, Im about to buy a Mugen N1 ECU from the UK for about 700 pounds.

Would these ECU's be a plug and play for the AUD Integra since the UK has the JDM Integras ? If not, what is needed to done in order for them to work ?

Also are these ECUs worth the money or am I better off getting a KPRO/Hondata.

Regards
          I know which one you're looking to buy. Don't buy it. Heavily overpriced for an item which can't even be tuned and is calibrated only to one specific setup. If you want tunability then get either a kpro from hondata or a haltech ecu. Kpro will give you most of if not all the customisation your dyno tuner will need and is only around the 800 mark used (for a version 1 or version 2) from the u.s. to be honest, you're not going to notice on a driving level, the difference between version 1,2 and 3. It's just minute differences in their tuning features.

Haltech make good ecus too and their proprietary tuning software is very user friendly. Slightly more expensive than thr kpro but it really comes down to personal preference. Tech support for the haltech would be mucch more readily availablr locally in ccomparison to hondata (based in u.s).

One thing to watch out for with kpros are peopke selling fake ones. Thosr are cheap knockoffs and will malfunction.

Www.Hondata.com/kpro_counterfeit.html

Just my two cents.
          Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

Originally posted by knobosaurus View Post
            Tech support for the haltech would be mucch more readily availablr locally in ccomparison to hondata (based in u.s).
            without knowing the OPs location (he/she needs to update their profile), this is hard to say...
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              without knowing the OPs location (he/she needs to update their profile), this is hard to say...
              Haha good point tink. should have mentioned the op lives in Vic.
              Lisa is a nut. She has a rubber butt. Everytime she turns around it goes putt putt.

CW DC5R Build

Comment

For ease of resale, purchase a Hondata. For ease of tuning in Melbourne, purchase a Haltech
                Sleeping Performance & Mechanical Repairs: Balance, Feedback, Response

Ph: +61397947767
                Address: 6/253 Princes Hwy, Dandenong VIC 3175
                Email: josh@sleepingperformancemr.com.au
                Facebook: www.facebook.com/sleepingperformancemr

Comment

Haha thanks guys. I was hoping the Mugen was a great plug and play as my car is mainly a daily.

And Yes, Im from VIC. Heard great reviews about Adrian, too bad its a 9 hour drive away.

Comment

Hahaha like I said... if you want plug and play, stick to OEM. No point wasting funds on something that isn't set up for your car... anless you have the same set up that the ECU is tuned to.

I would say go Haltech, standalone and they're cheap enough... I think mine was $1400 from memory... can be had $2300 or so from haltech themselves.

Comment

Thanks Jaz, Would like to see yours go through first. :P

Comment

Pay for my headers, cams, IM, TB and tune.

Comment

If you're interested and can wait a week, I'll be parting out my KPRO V3 with PRB ECU (AUDM DC5R)

Comment

Working...
                          X