EP3 Front Swaybar VS Aftermarket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP3 Front Swaybar VS Aftermarket?

You guys seem to know everything about everything, so here comes another question.

Just for a bit of context my car (DC5R) currently has an EP3 front swaybar (to clear headers) and a Cusco 25mm Swaybar in the rear.

I'm looking at getting the car completely track prepped, so naturally i wanna upgrade the front sway to something aftermarket and a bit fatter.

My question is whether this will cause a tonne of understeer. From what I've read people who go super thick sways up front suffer from understeer a lot because the car can't roll how it needs to.

So am I really going to see the benefits of a fatter (just not too fat) front swaybar, or is it going to put me into a wall?

Any help or info, as always, is appreciated

Yes technically getting a thicker FSB will tend to cause understeer. Before upgrading your FSB though, I'd suggest you go to the track first and see if your current setup feels good for you. And if it does, then I guess there isn't much point in upgrading your FSB.

It also depends on your driving style also, whether you like understeer or oversteer. Modifying suspension is pretty subjective.
    1999 Formula Red S2000 Blog

Comment

it all variates on how you drive because usually you adapt to how your vehicle handles so initially its to your taste how fat you want this front sway bar to be. how many mm's were you going for? i would recommend you match your rear sway bar thickness and see how you go from there. i got 24 mm at the front and 22mm in the rears (not sure if thats a good or bad thing :/ ) but with a 24mm front it allows to take a corner solidly till my crappy cheapo tires start to give out.

Comment

Working...
      X