This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R question; stock headers & mugen exhaust

will the stock headers off the dc5r fit the mugen exhaust? i got toda headers on atm with a greddy exhaust but i recently found out that my toda headers were cut and the flexi pipe that was meant to be attached had been cut and welded on to the greddy exhaust. so meaning the mugen exhaust will be too short for it to be attached to the headers i got on atm.

so what im thinking now is ripping out the toda headers and greddy exhaust and have it returned to it original state so it can be fitted on my mugen exhaust which i just recently bought.

my mate has thought of ways of getting around to it and these are his thoughts & decisions:

1. cut the felix pipe off the greddy exhaust and weld it to the mugen exhaust

OR

2. just sell the mugen exhaust and put a silencer on my greddy exhaust..

or

3. take out the exhaust and have the headers and flexi pipe welded back to its original state and in the mean time have my stock headers installed with my mugen exhaust for the time being until the headers are finished then install the headers back and bolted to the mugen exhaust...

really need help with the decision and would appreciate your thoughts on what i should do... gahhhh

Personally mate I'd get rid of the greddy as you planed, take your car to an experienced exhaust shop, get them to bolt up the mugen and then remodify the Toda header so it bolts up in the stock location again, can't see why this couldn't be all done in one hit without changing out your Toda, so as to save a bit of stuffing around
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

Option 3 is the best and preserves the resale of your header and exhaust. Just get the header fixed so it bolts up with a stock 3 bolt flange.

Comment

wouldnt take too long to the welding and cutting mate. I went to an exhaust shop just yesterday and they said it would take less than an hour to do it (i've got mugen exhaust as well, and the BC headers im about to put on might no perfectly fit)

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

yeah im leaning towards option 3, but in the menat time of this will i be able to bolt the stock headers on to the mugen exhaust? while i get the greddy exhaust and toda headers fixed up?

Comment

Originally posted by PG_DC5 View Post
            wouldnt take too long to the welding and cutting mate. I went to an exhaust shop just yesterday and they said it would take less than an hour to do it (i've got mugen exhaust as well, and the BC headers im about to put on might no perfectly fit)
            you located in melbourne? any recommended places to get this done?

Comment

Option 3.
              Just get it done at an exhaust place, leave the toda headers where they are and have your mugen system fitted to them.
              It won't be an expensive job to get done either..
              sigpic MRDC5S

Comment

My tegiwa headers didn't match upto my toda exhaust, had the exhaust shop do some cut and welding to the headers, $50 and 35mins later it was all fixed
                Have a read of my build thread

Comment

if i go with option 3 will my stock headers bolt on to the mugen exhaust? coz i will be needing it to get around or should i just bring it all to the shop and have them sort it out

Comment

Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post
                    if i go with option 3 will my stock headers bolt on to the mugen exhaust? coz i will be needing it to get around or should i just bring it all to the shop and have them sort it out
                    Yes a stock header will bolt up fine to the Mugen exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                      Yes a stock header will bolt up fine to the Mugen exhaust.
                      thanks chargeR

Comment

Originally posted by mountfranklin View Post
                        seconded mate, its what im running now

"Because in a split second, it's gone" ~Ayrton Senna

Comment

close thread

Comment

Working...
                          X